is turbolink and directscan compatable with the extender chips.

killerb

i was looking into buying one or the other but was not sure if they were compatable with my extender chips.:confused:

What kind of chip you're running in the ECM (extender) would have no bearing on or affect on the TurboLink or Direct Scan performance.

One question to ask though is if your extender has the "fast code" patch for scanmaster? that could affect TurboLink's readout come to think of it. But no affect on DS.

Don't take my word as the "final answer" on how it affects TurboLink, I'm not sure. That's something you'd want to ask Ken about.

I sent an e-mail to Ken last week about this. My extender has the fast update code and he told me that it would effect the readings that T-link gave, making them wackey, in his own words. I am going to have to go with DS because I can't give up my T+ and extender. But I really love the idea of the boost sensing that T-link offers.

The extender chip can be had with either datastream, I believe (Dave?). I think all you have to do is ask and they will either put the "scanmaster patch" or the standard data stream in the chip.

Don't mean to throw more confusion into the mix :), but want to throw out all the options for consideration....

Originally posted by kenmosher
The extender chip can be had with either datastream, I believe (Dave?). I think all you have to do is ask and they will either put the "scanmaster patch" or the standard data stream in the chip.

Don't mean to throw more confusion into the mix :), but want to throw out all the options for consideration....

You are correct Ken. I just checked into that last week. You can get the Extender with or without the Scanmaster fast update code.

True, the Extenders can be had with our without the fast update patch.

Just have to let them know you which way you need it.

Didn't mean to confuse anyone

An extender without the fast update for Scanmaster will work with both T-Link and DS.

An extender with the fast update for Scanmaster will not work with T-Link, but will work with DS.

Ken and/or TurboDave, is this correct? If that's the case I will have my fast update in my Extender taken out so I can get the T-Link with boost sensing.

Donnie

Re: Didn't mean to confuse anyone

Originally posted by DonnieShort
If that's the case I will have my fast update in my Extender taken out so I can get the T-Link with boost sensing.
Here is another idea,

My Extender had the fast update patch as well. TLink was showing all kinds of codes, but Scanmaster was now reading spark advance and injector pulse width. SM2 lost IAC and the MAL codes. I've come to like the ability to scan spark advance and wish to keep it.

I called Mike at Ramchargers and ordered another Extender chip (gave him the filename, etc) without the fast update patch. That way I can still scan spark advance on the street with SM2 and then use the normal code stream chip at the track with TurboLink.

You just don't mess with a mans TurboLink.....word up :)