Is this the right turbo for me?

Trbo6gn6

So i've been doing alot of research lately and i am leaning towards the precision billet 6507(Journal Bearing) with the ported S housing. I have 009's, and a stock converter which i may end up swapped out in the near future. I also do not have any port work. I'm running the razors edge alky kit. How will this turbo spool as compared to the te-44 that i had on my car. Do you think this turbo would put me in the low 11 second range? With the te-44 at 28 psi the car went 11.68 @120 with a 1.85 60 ft. What are your guys opinions on this turbo?

So i've been doing alot of research lately and i am leaning towards the precision billet 6507(Journal Bearing) with the ported S housing. I have 009's, and a stock converter which i may end up swapped out in the near future. I also do not have any port work. I'm running the razors edge alky kit. How will this turbo spool as compared to the te-44 that i had on my car. Do you think this turbo would put me in the low 11 second range? With the te-44 at 28 psi the car went 11.68 @120 with a 1.85 60 ft. What are your guys opinions on this turbo?

My opinion is you need o work on your 60' and you will have 11 teens with that mph with the TE44. What is your eighth mph? Id expect to pick up a mph or 2 with a turbo. You would gain more from heads at this point imo.

My opinion is you need o work on your 60' and you will have 11 teens with that mph with the TE44. What is your eighth mph? Id expect to pick up a mph or 2 with a turbo. You would gain more from heads at this point imo.

+1

I think he means the PTE 6057 w/ "S" cover. Just clarifying the turbo size.

yeah my 60 ft time was embarrassing. I believe my 1/8 mph was around 94. I only had the chance to run it once on the alcohol and it seemed like it bogged out of the hole. The only reason i am in the market for a turbo is because mine blew and now i need something to replace it that will work nicely with my current combo, but allow me to pick up more power if i do decide to do further modifications.

You may want to consider a 6262 bb, you might be able to get that to work with the stock computer and it will pull harder on top for sure.
If you know you are going to do the converter in the future you could try and live with the journal version for a while.