Is this the correct cat????

dpcp66

I just got a test on my 87 stock GN and it passed the first time but had the wrong cat(12140/d-562-15). the guy told me it had th wrong cat and if I replaced it it would pass. it got a Walker 80507/d-182-41 on it and it then failled the test.
Can anyone tell me if it has the right one on it know and was the one on it before off a truck like he said or does it really matter? I just cant get over the fact that know it failed and hes tell me that it happenes when they do that from time to time
Please help me I dont know what to do.

Thanks Doug

I dont get it. They checked the part number on your cat and said it was wrong? Most aftermarket cats dont work as good as original cats. The cats that came on the Gns were pretty big . I think the guy is full of crap. The cat they put on is a carb legal cat. The car should pass with that cat on it. what mods do you have ? emissions chip? Egr working? Aftermarket cats are universal cats with proper ends welded on.

Since you're in kalifornication you've got specific parts that you need to have. I know it sucks but do you have a read out of what the emmisions were on the test?

This car is BONE stock. thats why we bought it was because I wouldnt be chasing someone elses mods. The stock cat was gone and the 12140 was put on and passed. I get the car and know it wont pass at all with there cat 80507. he tells me the 12140 is off a ford 5.0 truck mtr? but it was clean on the test. then i put theres on and fail. I will post the test tomorrow and some one tell me whats going on.

Thanks Doug