Is this normal rear end play or transmission issue?

HUENEMEGN

I have a new build with a new rebuild transmission. Still in the break end period. I’m noticing a big thump when it down shifts from 3rd to 2nd. Nothing on upshifting . Feels fine . Didnt do this before I took out the tranny .
I lifted the rear end. Put it in neutral and I got this noise ? What can it be ?

It got a "fancy" servo and they left out the spring. This causes the downshift clunk you are experiencing. What servo was installed?

That play is normal. Depending on the mods done to the trans the 3-2 clunk could be caused by several things including removal of the cushion spring in the intermediate servo. What servo was installed....stock or aftermarket? A picture of the servo would help.

That play is normal. Depending on the mods done to the trans the 3-2 clunk could be caused by several things including removal of the cushion spring in the intermediate servo. What servo was installed....stock or aftermarket? A picture of the servo would help.

here is a picture of the servo. Looks like a Sonnax?
Also , Just to add , I did install a Driver side only HR Parts engine mount. I know they say they are stiffer .

Attachments

• 16194F80-07E5-4FCF-89CC-572E99881CE8.jpeg
    16194F80-07E5-4FCF-89CC-572E99881CE8.jpeg
    849.9 KB · Views: 133
What they 'all said about the cushion spring being left out of the servo. The clunk (thump) is being caused by the transmission locking up for an instant (it is in both 2nd and 3rd at the same time). This stops the drive shaft for an instant which takes up the slack in the rear. Hence the clunk. I still don't understand why builders think this is OK.

I don't, so I added the cushion spring. Sure beats sliding the shifter into neutral before the automatic 3-2 shift occurs. What ever you do don't try a manual 3-2 shift, damn was that brutal. Only did that once prior to adding the cushion spring.

RemoveBeforeFlight

So nothing really to worry about ? I was concerned it would damage something .
Just had a brain fart but I’m sure it’s the 3-2 shift , not a 2-1 shift . I hate it when I second guess myself . Haven’t drove car for a bit so I couldn’t remember .
Had a fuel issue but got it fix .