Is this false knock?

cchilly

Hi

I need some help on knowing if this is false knock or not. PL settings are WB is LC1 and Map is a 3 bar.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Car info is in sig.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments

• powerloggerQS.004.dat.zip
    32 KB · Views: 55
Hard to say, try to lower the boost 2 psi and try it again. You using 93 oct?

Its a TT chip.

I'm running 93 octane. I got the RJC MBC backed all the way out, so the boost is as low as I can get it. Isn't 15 psi basically stock anyway?

Thanks for the replies

Chris

Its a TT chip.

I'm running 93 octane. I got the RJC MBC backed all the way out, so the boost is as low as I can get it. Isn't 15 psi basically stock anyway?

Thanks for the replies

Chris

Just wondering if it was a 6.0 chip or 5.4 Seemed to track the A/F awful close. If it is the 6.0 chip bump your base fuel up some more.

The knock looks like it peaks on the gear change and then goes away. It's my understanding that the bad knock increases steadily.

Sorry, should have been more specific. It's a 5.6 chip.

I want to get the 6.0 chip, so maybe I'll jump on that and see if it solves my problems.

Thanks for the knock info. I've never seen it get worse, usually always just starts high and then tapers out like on the run I showed you.

You MAF dropped out at frame 549 and right then you got 3 degrees of KR and it drops here and there again. The O2s don't look too lean but the BLMs say different.

Good catch on the MAF. So what do you think that means? Is the MAF going away? What do you think about the BLM's? I got 10% added fuel in the chip, so it really shouldn't be low. If anything maybe a little rich. I think Eric told me to target around 11.5 A/F.

Thanks for all the help.

It might not mean anything at that low of boost, but look at the MAF in a graph on the graphs page and it drops out quite a bit.

Swap in a known good MAF and post another log.

What boost is the chip burnt for?

And check with Eric about what A/F's you should be seeing.

I'd be nervous at 11.5,but I wear a belt AND suspenders.

I'll see if I can find another MAF

The chip is a street chip, 15-17 psi.

Eric told me the target A/F on a stock set up like mine is 11.8.

So you not liking 11.5, what would you recommend?

I originally had the full 20% fuel enrichment and the A/F was in the high 10's. I dropped it back a bit per Eric's recommendations.

Thanks
Chris

I would assume its real knock for now.

You can typically run the A/F in the mid-high 11's when the boost is low like that on a stock type setup, as long as it doesn't knock. If it's knocking then richen it up to see if it helps. If it doesn't help then either reduce boost, or reduce timing 1-2 degrees.

Your MAF is ok. You are just seeing the actual MAF reading in the backround before the chip forces it to 255. It's not affecting the injector pulsewidth.

You could also dump in some extra octane to see if the knock goes away.

Eric- Thank you very much for your help. I was going to put this log on your board as well to ask for your help. I wanted your take on the MAF.
Thanks for the feedback.

I still had knock even with the A/F in the high 10's. I was thinking it was false because I put in the 20% fuel and can't ge the knock to go away. I can't get my boost lower than what I have it at now. I guess I can try some race gas and see if that helps out.

Is this common to see knock with 16 psi and an A/F in the high 10's. I have had this problem ever since I bought the car and then installed the powerlogger. The person before me had no scan tool. They were running even more boost than I am when I first bought the car.:eek: