Is this a scam for my 86 GN?

GNRick

Retired member
I listed my GN for sale here in the "cars for sale" thread and also on Craigs List. I got a reply to my CL ad. The guy says he is in the military and just wants to buy with paypal. So I know if it sounds too good to be true it usually is. CL even warns you about scams. So here is the potential buyer's reply. At least it doesn't mention that he is in Nigeria.
Hello,

Thanks for your quick response ,I will not be coming to view it because of my Job,i am a Marine and i am buying this for my Uncle.i am at sea right now and am satisfied with your firm/advert price,as am requesting this transaction should be done via PayPal so the PayPal charges is on me and Payment will be made via PayPal (if you don't have an account,its easy,safe and secured just log on to (www.paypal.com) to get one and get back to me with the email used.My mover will arrange for the pick up after payment clears and I hope we can make the purchase as fast as possible? I want you to get back with the following details

1: Your Paypal email ID or a paypal payment invoice

2: Your Last asking price

3: Your contact address for the pick up

4. More pics.

the "i am satisfied with your firm/advert price" line tells me it's a scam.
tell him to send someone to meet you at a public place with a wad of $100 bills and you'll consider selling it to him..

Yep, same story as in the link. I knew scammers can send bad checks that clear, but I didn't know they can deposit bad funds in your pay pal account. Anyone here want to buy an 86 GN with 26k miles?

Screams scam! Get cash only! In one dollar bills.....:D

Bruce '87 Grand National

tell him to send someone to meet you at a public place with a wad of $100 bills and you'll consider selling it to him..

Even then, trust no one, get a cash checker machine to be as safe as possible. Sure sounds like a scam.

Sometimes they send you a fake paypal page and ask you to put in your information and when you type it in they got it.

Exactly, whenever they are "satisfied" with you item or price its a scam. Too bad (for them) these scammers dont have a better grasp on the English language, they would probably be a lot more successful. Good (for everyone else) that theyre retarded and can be spotted a mile away. Good luck selling though.

they also never mention what the item for sale is,that way they use the same line of crap on everyone