Is This A Rare T-Type Color Option?

potbelly

P-Type
i was told by the previous owner that this is the original paint. it definetly looks like a 20 year old paintjob. i have never seen another t-type with this paint scheme and was wondering if anyone has seen it before. it has a light gray, dark grey and black stripes down the side on the bottom of the car. sorry the pics are small, but there as close to 92 kb as i can get them.

Attachments

• resize 2.bmp
    89.7 KB · Views: 198
  • resize 1.bmp
    90.9 KB · Views: 154
  • resize 3.bmp
    86.8 KB · Views: 143
  • resize 4.bmp
    86.8 KB · Views: 140
In my opinion, I would have to call BS on that one. I have seen many, many TRs through the years and am yet to see one with that paint scheme, even at the Nationals! I would say this person is either misinformed or simply full of sh#t!!! Just my 2! :cool:

i thought i had something unique. oh well. i remember something about dealer added now that i think about it. thx for the clarification. now what color to paint the car...................

Sometimes the dealer would paint cars like this either by request or for other unknown reasons.I am the second owner of the car in my sig and was told by the original owner that the dealer painted it this way verified by local TB club members and is how he bought it new.That would technically make it original but not factory paint.I think it may have had some damage from shipping or dealer error or test drive gone bad etc and they fixed it and added extra crap for the hell of it.Who knows why,maybe to make it more attractive to potential buyer so they could get rid of it sooner maybe?? Your car does look cool with that though IMO.