is this 87 GN worth $3000 ?

murphinator

just looked at it last night.

the good frame ,floors , trunk all solid , no sign of ever having any mods , no t tops

114k body has issues all around - still all black but a multitude of dents ,dings ,scratches including a good crease in the roof by the windshield , rust on lower doors largest dent in a 1/4 panel

headliner missing- rest of interior is not good but not bad either , probably about as good as you will find in an 87 gn for $3k , shifter is broken ( missing top) door pull is broken fabrics are pretty decent compared to most cheapies

car is on the road ,inspected and being driven , supposebly seen very little winter use and the undercairrage back that up , rear frame rails look good etc..

GN wheels are pretty crappy looking

overall its nicer than one for sale 20 minutes from it for $5k

You can part it out for more than $3K....so I say it's a good deal.

thank you for your input.

I used to buy & sell a lot of early GM muscle as a sideline in the 80's-early 90's and I am looking to get back into it and GN's are on my list , usually like quick flips not big $$ stuff.

I guess I should start watching the parts forums on here to see what items sell for. Always a sure thing if you know the parts are worth more than you pay

my FWD 3800 Buicks brought me on here and maybe I am getting hooked :biggrin:

Remember, It is always cheaper to buy then build.........:biggrin:

you sir are 100% correct so thank you for having my back

guy I work with asked me when i got to work this morning how it was and I said it would be cheaper to buy one done but its a real solid car for someone with only 3k to spend looking for a resto project , I just dont see where I can turn it for anything , but the guys going to part it out as he just reduced the price to the cellar - I would hate to see it get parted so i posted this thread incase you guys thought based on my desc. that it was a $4500 car or more

I am just learning.

I guess for me, it all depends on what you are able to do yourself. If you are looking for a project car that you want to handle yourself, make sure you are comfortable with everything that needs to be done. If you are looking to flip it, you are definitely going to want to do most of the work yourself so you don't lose your potential profit having things done to it. Bottom line is, be comfortable with the car's needs or you will be in for heartache.

3000 dollar GN

I guess for me, it all depends on what you are able to do yourself. If you are looking for a project car that you want to handle yourself, make sure you are comfortable with everything that needs to be done. If you are looking to flip it, you are definitely going to want to do most of the work yourself so you don't lose your potential profit having things done to it. Bottom line is, be comfortable with the car's needs or you will be in for heartache.

Where were all these cars when I was buying on ?
Had to fly in to NC to find one then.
ZEEEEEZ

Is this the one in Rome?

If it is, I passed on it just from the pics.
Figure $5K for paint and bodywork, $1200 on the interior, and another $1K for tires, misc hoses/tune-up parts/fluids, etc. You're up to $10.2K. Go buy a nice one already done for less in this market, and save yourself a bunch of headaches.

If you're looking to part one out and make some $$ this is your car!

if it's running, driving, and not rusted out it's worth $3,000 easy. but it depends on what you want it for.