Is the closest thing to a new GN being built by Ford?? 2010 Ford Taurus SHO!

86brick

It's just a V6 Brick.....
AWD with a 3.5L EcoBoost twin turbo V6 making 365hp and 350lbs of torque that seats 5 people and has a 6spd paddle-shifted automatic trans. And the base price is $37,995!:cool: I bet it will sell like hotcakes kinda like our cars did back in the day. Just imagine if Ford ever decides to put this engine in a Mustang and call it the SVO!:eek:

Wish GM would get off their collective asses and build something like this!!!:mad: :(

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAhxz9fcgmE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GESdisUHfQQ&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a1hquZlTEE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezbNl0X5410[/YOUTUBE]

:eek:

Attachments

• Ford.jpg
    Ford.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 379
the 09 Pontiac GXP has an Ls3 with 402 hp and 402ftlbs of torque for just under 40k :biggrin: Imagine what can be done with acouple bolt on's. Its a full size car also. 13.0's @ 108 .... Ex SHO owners will run from the new SHO the older SHO had a Yamaha built engine that was way overpriced and always needed repairs.

GXP is the same price. I'ld take that any day over the Toreass.

I loved the G8 GT I rented. I would buy the G8 GXP over the SHO. It may sound sweet but I bet it will be a pain to work on, and break parts with any added stress. Those LS powerplants show and prove without a doubt.

And there's plenty of support for performance parts too.

I'd take the new Taurus to the Pontiac G8 without hesitating! :smile: I feel that the G8 is a lost cause...:rolleyes: In a few years, nobody will be interested in them and everything about them will be discontinued...Better get the Taurus!

Claude. :)

Ford is not government run or Italian owned, so if I had to to choose it would probably be Blue Oval.

I'd take the new Taurus to the Pontiac G8 without hesitating! :smile: I feel that the G8 is a lost cause...:rolleyes: In a few years, nobody will be interested in them and everything about them will be discontinued...Better get the Taurus!

Claude. :)

Are you guys remembering what is happening to the "Pontiac" line??

I can see what you guys are saying, but look at the F Body cars. As the price went down, more people picked them up off the used lots an modded them. The same for the G8. It shares so many simular parts. Once the car notes are paid the cars will be going under the knife big time. As for the Ford, they killed SVT, Who do you think will invest a bunch or R&D into the SHO motor? With the price of the car and the economy...mods...ummm doubt it!

Holden will continue with it and it's successors. It's a good seller over there. I see it coming back as the Caprice. It would be a great rwd police car.

I can see what you guys are saying, but look at the F Body cars. As the price went down, more people picked them up off the used lots an modded them. The same for the G8. It shares so many simular parts. Once the car notes are paid the cars will be going under the knife big time. As for the Ford, they killed SVT, Who do you think will invest a bunch or R&D into the SHO motor? With the price of the car and the economy...mods...ummm doubt it!

Mmmm...I don't think that comparing F body cars to a G8 is fair. The Camaro's and Firebirds were sporty models with some potential in them, not so for the G8. I don't see some "serious" performance enthusiasts being interested in spending tons of money into a big, heavy 4 door sedan as much as in F Bodies. You got to have a sporty model to begin with. Also going imagine going to some drag races with both models...I am sure that the G8's would NEVER generate as much interest as the F bodies did and still do and are more a "normal choice" for building a race car...G8's were never meant to be "real" performance cars, but rather aimed at those who'd love to have a performance car, those who like a little punch, but in the "real world" need a 4 door sedan for family uses, groceries etc...The same goes for the Taurus too!

Claude. :wink:

G8's were never meant to be "real" performance cars, but rather aimed at those who'd love to have a performance car, those who like a little punch
Claude. :wink:

Neither was the Turbo Buick! G8s are running in the low 11s now.