Is my setup strong enough to bend an axle?

CuzzinOlaf

I was out in the car yesterday with a buddy following me and he noticed the rear passenger side tire wobbling just a little. I can't feel it when I'm driving but we put the car on jack stands and ran it with the tire on, with the tire off, and with the brake drum off and there is a very slight wobble.

I ran my about 5 times at the track with the new setup and my best Sixty was only a 1.639. The car dynoed around 500 whp. I assume it is time for new rear axles. How about the drive shaft?

i twisted the splines in the 200r4 yoke with less hp on stock turbo, if the yoke slides in and out of trans easy you're still good but thats a weak yoke
the axle issue more than likely a bent axle tube ,could be from strapping the axle by the pumpkin on a dyno , strapping down axle tubes with hooks on a flatbed or a trailer
about the only way to bend the axle to wobble is getting sideways into a curb

Stock axles will break before they bend from hard 60's. Typically they break once you get into the low 1.5 60' area but some break sooner or later than that depending on things like wheel hop. Like Pacecarta said if you have a wheel that wobbles it will likely be becuase it has been curb checked at some point in its life.

ive had wobling axles that were replaced (not by me) only to be wobbly , once i straightened the axle tube the axles ran straight , the stock axles will flex that much in a bent tube

We have run 9.93 @ 136 with a stock driveshaft. Including factory original U-joints. Splines were bent, too. He now runs an aftermarket driveline and the car is MUCH smoother. That was like playing roulette. Dang lucky it didn't kill him. He did snap the input shaft in the 200-4R, though. He does have good axles and Eaton diff. Good replacement axles are really cheap. About the only cheap part on our cars.......LOL.

I bent the left rear axle on slicks with a 1.57 60 ft. launch. Replaced both axles with Moser axles.