Is my Ign. Module shot?

ApullinV6

I think my module is fried and just want to make sure by asking some trained professionals. When I changed the coil pack, I noticed how sticky the clay is inside the module but didn't no any different. I installed the new coil and car still will not fire. Is the clay inside the module suppose to be somewhat firm or like chewing gum? All connectors are pushed up tight to the coil. Checked fuse in dash (ok) is there a second fuse I should check?

Original problem with car consisted of car missing once car would warm up and eventually shut itself down. I've changed f/p relay, plugs, and coil. Now car has no fire.

No fire check your crank sensor.

Also make sure that the 6 wires that connect the ign module to the coil pack. One of them might be grounding out metal to metal. When the ign module gets hot and the blue stuff turns gooey the metal can breach that and ground itself.

Thanks for all the input. I have a friend with a module he's going to let my use and I'll know for sure...I'm thinking my module is shot by the sounds of it.

thanks for the link, some good info

Update....PLEASE HELP

Car still has miss once car has been driven about 8-10 miles. I fired car up lastnight and let idle for about 10-15 minutes in garage thinking, hey I finally got this thing. Well, drove car tonight thinking I was going to meet my wife and kids to eat dinner. Got about 8-10 miles from the house and felt that first miss. Before I could get turned around, car shut down with me. I let cool for about 3-5 minutes and fired it back up to go back home. It was all I could do to keep car running that last mile or so.

Things I've replaced/done:

plugs, wires, coil, ignition module, fuel pump relay (under hood), fuel pump, filter, and repaired a ground at pump that I believed to have been bad.

I checked with a friend and he suggested checking the Crank Sensor next. I tapped on it with a screwdriver, but couldn't really tell anything. It may have not been warm enough??

Found the problem, but now have another problem...BAD LUCk for sure. The problem the whole time was that bolt on the harmonic balancer had come loose. In process of changing crank sensor and found bolt loose. Well I guess I have a spare fuel pump and coil. Module needed changing.

My new problem is, I think I've blown a head gasket..before I found bolt loose and drove car. Car had let me down..once car had cooled down I drove car home, but car was really acting up before getting there.

Since then found bolt loose and drove car with normal driving and no miss. I'm thinking great. I finally get the nerve to get into car alittle and noticed a misfire. Went to drive car again tonight to verify that car did have a miss and noticed antifreeze under car. Cranked car up and couldn't see any obvious leak. Let car get up to operating temperature and antifreeze is leaking from head around #5 plug..This is really starting to SUCK:mad:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.... wouldn't a loose crank bolt throw timing way off causing all kinds of potential problems?