is it worth building speaker boxes for the rear speakers?

85begalttype

just a v6
i dont want to get a woofer and amp because i like having a big trunk, but was wondering if i built speaker boxes to surround my rear speakers would make a noticable difference? i have the interior out of my car and the rear windows removed (doing a frame off) so would be pretty easy to modify the speaker panel so i dont have to use adaptors to fit my 5x7 speakers.

If you make sure that it has a good seal in the box it would help a lot. I mean you are going to have to seal the box to the underside of the deck as well as make sure the speaker is sealed on the top side of the deck. It may prove a lot harder than it sounds. I haven't attempted to do this in a G-body so I cannot give any first hand experience with it.

ya i can use some rubber or weather stripping to make sure there is a good seal. guess i just need to watch out for the trunk rods for clearance

I'd make the enclosure as big as the space will allow and seal it. I suspect it will be difficult getting the thiele/small parameters to design a ported box for a 5x7 co/tri-axial speaker as they never have custom enclosures built for them. There are computer programs that will compute the thiele/smalls for you if you are that serious about doing ported boxes. Me thinks it would'nt be worth the time/effort/money BUTT it would be cool.

After reading, 5x7 dont require that much volume of air space inside the enclosure, so is should be good with the space that i have. they are not going to be ported because i dont think it wil be that much of a difference for these small speakers.

i dont want to get a woofer and amp because i like having a big trunk, but was wondering if i built speaker boxes to surround my rear speakers would make a noticable difference? i have the interior out of my car and the rear windows removed (doing a frame off) so would be pretty easy to modify the speaker panel so i dont have to use adaptors to fit my 5x7 speakers.

Nooooooo... Really? Why not just get a amp for some 6x9s they fit with no adapters.... how old .. jesus...