Is it false knock?

menace848

Yeah, Im the slow GN, so?
Ok I cannot sleep at night! I cannot figure out why I am experiencing so much knock! Besides the mods in my signature, I have replaced the spark plugs/wires and a new pcv valve. I also have a new fuel pressure regulator and thrasher 92 chip to install. The wierd thing is the fact that I experience approx 3 knock at about 55 mph and 3000 RPMs right before it wants to go into overdrive, but no boost? Also, the knock fluctuates alot on different runs, expecially as the engine heats up. Its usually about 6 knock at 10 psi.

I don't like to say this, but...

If the downpipe isn't hitting anything, have you considered a flat cam lobe?

If nothing external appears to be the cause, you need rule out internal motor problems.

Do you have a lot of miles on the car? I had a part throttle knock problem and found it quite by mistake. I had to replace my cam and ended up finding some of my EGR passages in the heads were completely cloged. I cleaned them out and found the part throttle knock problem had gone away. It's just an idea. My trouble was at cruise speed, with the cruise control on and it would pull a hill and give it more petal and it would knock like crazy. Sounds similar.......hope this might help. My car did this from 50k miles till 100k.