is it a 86/87 MAF sensor

fullahotair

I just recieved an 86/87 maf sensor from a guy who posted it on the gnttype site. He didn't know if it was original or not. I don't see any GM insignia on it. Since i don't have a 86/87 car, i don't know what they are look like. Do the 86/87 MAF decrease in diameter and then get larger (in the throat area, after the screen??...like two cones butted together. The 85 MAF senser is the same diameter with no variation. Do remanufactured ones neck down?

I hope my description makes sense...

Thanks,
Nathyn

MAF sensors 86/87

I`m holding 2 maf sensors in my hand right now,one is a a/c delco,the other is a wells brand.The tube is straight ,allthe way thru,and have a cone in center w/pc board going from inside tube all the way from one side to the other.Both a/c & wells are this way.both came off 86`s>>>>>Hope this helps

MAF for GN

Your MAF is from a fuel injected Buick, Olds, Pontiac engine. IT IS NOT FROM GN or T-Type Turbo engine. The 86 GN MAF Part Number is 25007866 and the 87 GN MAF is BW 25007861.

They are both three pin connectors, same diameter all the way through and they bolt up the same way the 84 FI engine does. I'm not sure but the one you got may not measure the air correctly for your engine.

Lawrence
GG CA

84 T, 86 GN, 84T with 87 engine

I emailed the guy, he is a paralegal or something, i don't think he is gonna give my money back, eventhough he advertised it as a 86/87 MAF.

The identifying features on this item is a US Patent # 5383357 and some "1DD 30194" stamped in white ink. Does this help identify this piece?

Any help would be great. Thanks,

Nathyn

Anyway to be certain?! I am talking with this guy now about it not being a 86/87 piece and i am tyring to get my money returned...

Thanks, NAthyn

its not a gn or ttype maf. they are not supposed to neck down. sorry, but u got ripped off. Try to get ur money back and get an Impala SS MAF and an MAF Translator Plus, its expensive, but its the only thing that will work, all aftermarket MAFs suck.

MAF SENSOR

The MAF I wrote about is a GM MAF with the following information. 5 Pin connector, AC Mass Airflow Sensor p/n 25007770 MM+-F. The male connector plug has PED8 stamped on one side and the other side ABCDE. It has been so long since I picked it up from the pick a part that I don't remember what year Buick I got it from. I had intended to use it in putting together a fuel injected intercooled Turbo Buick for my VEGA. It has a carb turbo Buick already. I like the stealth. I hope you either get your money back or some real info to prove you got good parts.

I measured the MAF last night after i saw my cousins on his non turbo 3.8 (88 riv i think it is...) Anyway his is a bit smaller. This sensor i have is 3" in/out and then has the hour glass shape in the center which necks down to about 2.5". There is no "cone" inside the center of this MAF.

Do non-turbo 3.8 liter MAF sensors have these dimensions?? Just want trying to narrow down what piece i have.

Thanks,
Nathyn

If you do not recieve satisfaction from your seller....We'd like to know his identifying information so we can avoid anyone with that identifying information in the future. :(

Hi Lee

I bought the AFPR and chip from you. I have to install them yet. I have to patch the bracket where the body bushings connect between the frame and the trunk.

I bought this MAF sensor from Thomas K. Bailey. He posted a few things on GNTTYPE.org

Selling a MAF sensor as an "86/87" sensor and sending something else is wrong. Then, if he refuses to make it right certainly sounds like he has earned a prominent place on our "good guy bad guy list".

I knew I was sending you a pristine chip and AFPR, even so, I offered your money back if, for any reason, you didn't like it.

This guy should do the same....He (intentionally or unintentionally) misrepresented what he sent to you. If he's a paralegal, he knows he's wrong....The national paralegal organization (to which my wife aspires) would prolly be very interested in the way this paralegal operates.

Contact him again. Refer to this thread. If no satisfaction, post on the good guy bad guy list, and complain to the national paralegal organization (I can help you with that)....He'll prolly come around. He's probably away from his computer on an extended vacation and will answer you when he returns....;)

Also sent you a PM.

MAF

NATHYN:

The MAF I have is the same as you describe. I checked my manuals but I still cannot determine which BUICK engine it came from. I will keep looking till I run out of material to check.

Thanks a lot everyone for their help. I really appreciate the effort that was put forth to assist me. We have pretty much all concluded that the piece i have is not for an 86/87 Buick Turbo GN.

I have left messages with this Thomas K. Bailey for over a week now, with no return calls. I'll have to try to get ahold of the owner of the firm.

I'll keep everyone posted and on the outcome...

Thanks,
Nathyn

Iburou,

I would like to pursue "The national paralegal organization" route. He emailed me today, and informed he is not refunding my money.

He currently has other items on the GNTTYPE.org for sale. So buyers beware.

Thanks,
Nathyn

Lee,

I didn't get your PM.

I am informed that he isn't a member of that organization. I contacted his father/owner of the law firm, in hopes that I will be able to resolve the situation in a civil manner.

Lets hope that works. I will wait for a response from that, to decide what further action I may take.

Its really discouraging that there are people out there like that. But it is great to see the generousity here on the list. I think it is great to see all the willingness to help people have put forth. Thanks to everyone

Lee, thanks for offering to let me borrow your MAF. I'll let you know if I need to take you up on that. I may use the 85 MAF for now while it is warmer. I hear you can do that alright, at least until it gets cold.

A response to the allegations

Gentleman, I figured since everyone seems to be forming a quite negative opinion of me based on a one sided argument, I should probably weigh in to somewhat repair my reputation in the Turbo Buick arena.

I have always believed the MAF to be a GN MAF. To date, I am still not convinced of otherwise. The MAF I soled worked in my GN perfectly.

When Nathyn originally contact me, he asked if it was an OEM unit, and before I could respond he sent me the money for the unit. I naturally assumed that he did not care whether it was OEM or not (a question to which I do not know the answer) since he sent me the cash. I immediately sent him the MAF, and though that was the end of the situation.

Nathyn contacted me alleging that the piece I sold him was not a GN MAF. While I cannot say whether it is or isn't, it works, and it worked perfectly in my car.

I told him I would consider refunding his money, but I was going to try to find someone interested in buying it. I had to go away for a few days to Chicago, which I informed him of, but would call him when I returned.

When I returned, I found that he had called my firm approximately 3 times a day asking for me. I personally consider this inappropriate to contact someone at their place of employment, especially 3 times or more per day.

From my experience, Turbo Buick parts vendors that sell used parts have refused to allow a return of parts even when the part they sold doesn't work. For instance, when my A/C went out, I called a GN parts vendor for a used unit. Relying on his advice and experience I purchased the unit for $300.00. After paying a shop to install and charge the unit, I found that it didn't work. Of course he wouldn't take a return. Many other shops that I have dealt with have handled similiar situations the same way. It is part of the reason why I have decided to sell my GN.

At any rate. Bellyaching to the "National Paralegal Assoc." about me will get you nowhere. I have made my decision against Nathyn based on his harassment and threats that he will contact my dad, the NPA, etc. He has also already made a complaint with Paypal, and Paypal has decided not to take any action. I will not change my decision regardless of what goes on in this newsgroup.

You all have seen from the good guy bad guy list how even reputable vendors have got some customer that they just can't make happy. Gentleman, this is what we have here. An irate person that cannot be made happy. He has called my office dozens of times in the last week. That is absolutely reduculous and unacceptable to me.

Whether or not any of you agree with me does not matter, I only feel that it is appropriate to respond.