Is a Turbo Buick a good starter/project car for a teenager?

Will! Glad to see you made it to the forum! I myself have owned my car since I was 16.. Should run 10's this year. They are nothing to be afraid of, and if your kid can respect the power, he will be fine. Im not saying I wasn't out hot rodding it around, because EVERYONE here knows I was.. But I was safe about it. These things can be sketchy if you aren't careful.. And don't expect them to handle anything like your F-Body at higher speeds (and low for that matter).

Agreed with above. I think respect is the operative word. As far as an answer, it depends on the question: does your kid have the proper respect for power? Might not be the same answer for any two kids from the same family even. I know my brother and sister were upset that I got to drive Dad's Camaro, but that's because he knew that I knew how to drive; he taught me and I listened. I still hot rodded around too, but no worse than I even did with my Dad in the car with me. :)

My first car was a 86 T-Type, knowing all the crazy things I did in that car I would not suggest it!!! but Im a idiot, so who knows.