Is a race fuel ONLY car considered streetable

Is a Car that can ONLY run race fuel streetable??

• Yes It doesn't Matter that he can't go fill up at the pump

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • NO If he can't fill up at the pump it isn't very streetable!

Votes: 26 54.2%

• Total voters

onefastjackass

Ok I have been having a disscussion off and on again about streetability of a car that can ONLY run on race fuel?

My opinion IS that it should be able to run pump gas to be considered truely streetable

So if you think A car that can ONLY run on race fuel should be considered totally streetable then vote. YES.

If you think it should not vote NO!

If they're running race gas, they're not paying road taxes. So it doesn't belong on the street even if it can pass all the regular laws, IMO.

It all depends on your definition of streetable.... if the car is registered and legal its a street car.

My car only sees race fuel and runs on the street. It idles, doesn't overheat, has AC, CD player, and all the creature comforts it left the factory with. Seems pretty streetable to me.

If you cant fill up at any corner gas station in the US then it aint streetable

trbon8r...But COULD your car run on pump gas if you turned the boost down?? If so it's still a street car.

If you drive around on race fuel all of the time then you can still have a street car...If you HAVE to have race fuel then I say no.

These opinions are my own, and in no way affect anyone else's. ;)

Originally posted by Slow91z
trbon8r...But COULD your car run on pump gas if you turned the boost down?? If so it's still a street car.

If you drive around on race fuel all of the time then you can still have a street car...If you HAVE to have race fuel then I say no.

These opinions are my own, and in no way affect anyone else's. ;)

That's basically what I was going to say.

anyone can call any car streetable. I'm sure its possible to drive a nascar on the street, give it lights and it could pass as being street legal too.. Look around here, a lot of us run test pipes, that alone makes us illegal on the streets, odds are strongly in our favor that we won't get caught though.

i think the true defination for s streetable car is, does it drive on the street regurarly? can you take it out of the garage and go get a hamburger and come home? If it can do that and has someone willing to drive it ont he street then i'd call it a street car. If they have to have 30 gallons of race fuel in the trunk to get from a to b then thats what it takes.

I think its the driver who decides wether a car is streetable or not, not so much the car.

I ran 114 race gas in my car for a while and loved the performance(and the smell). The only negative is cost. Putting 100.00 worth of fuel in my car to drive on the street is crazy. I" think about it like this, you can buy an alky kit for 400.00 and run 93 octane pump gas. Just my 2 cents!;)

I tend to think if the car will pass local inspections, it is streetable.

I guess if I were to put "Off Road Use Only" drag slicks on my Nissan Maxima, it wouldn't pass inspection, therefore not streetable. Although I could put regualr tires on for the 2 hours for inspection and run slicks the rest of the yesr right?

Theres a gas station I know of by my location that allows you to pump race gas into your car, what about that then?

"Streetable" is strictly an opinion. Half the cars in our car club have to run race gas all the time. I personally do alot of the time, but by choice. I have a friend that has a Malibu that runs 116 only, has a 'chute hanging off the back, tubs, and no alternator, but he drives it to the hangouts. "Streetable" means you can drive it on the street, period. Practicality is a whole 'nother story. Some people say stuff like "If it don't run pump gas, its not streetable." Or "Those slicks aren't street legal." I hear it all the time, but usually from whiners who have been beat by an "unstreetable" car. I don't own or build performance cars for things like convenience, fuel economy, comfort, or practicality. Speed is a priority.

i can get 100 octane at the pump at about 10 stations in the phoenix metro area, if you ask nicely they will even bring out the 110. you pay taxes on that!

as for it being streetable if you want to run high boost safely then 100+ octane is the only way to go! period. so if the owner is willing to pony up 5.00 bucks for a gallon of gas that is his choice. octane will not make a car more streetable the only thing octane provides in a car is a margin of safety when running higher boost.

so my vote is yes

Originally posted by turbosam6
"Streetable" is strictly an opinion. Half the cars in our car club have to run race gas all the time. I personally do alot of the time, but by choice. I have a friend that has a Malibu that runs 116 only, has a 'chute hanging off the back, tubs, and no alternator, but he drives it to the hangouts. "Streetable" means you can drive it on the street, period. Practicality is a whole 'nother story. Some people say stuff like "If it don't run pump gas, its not streetable." Or "Those slicks aren't street legal." I hear it all the time, but usually from whiners who have been beat by an "unstreetable" car. I don't own or build performance cars for things like convenience, fuel economy, comfort, or practicality. Speed is a priority.
I agree that is all depends on your opinion of "streetability, but mine differs a little from yours. A street driven racecar is NOT streetable in my opinion. I would only consider a car streetable if it can be driven to work on any given day, filled up at any gas station, taken on a road trip, driven to the track (no trailer queens please), has nearly all the functionality it was originally built with such as working lights and windows and doors and also can haul a couple passengers.

This is just my opinion so you can do with it as you like.