""Is a ( Haltech) any good""

NoNos38

"Da, Big Chiefie Rat"
Well, looks like I will be getting a new addition to the family next week.. I picked up a clean 87 gn from a highschool kid that bought the car about a year ago, and never could get it running right.. Well after going over the whole car I found that the wireing harness is shot....

O.K. here's my question. I run a bank to bank on my other buick.. Works great.. My buddy ownes a small import shop that installs (Haltech's) on almost every car that comes in the door.. Im thinking of putting one on the buick, but I have never heard or seen any other buick member running one... What Do you guys think of them? How do they compare to a FelPro or Accel Gen7..

I would like to here everyones opinnion so dont be shy..:D

Thanks in advance,
Matt

There's a whole world of ECU's that many domestic car owners never heard about or used. The UK has some nice stuff like DTA, Emerald, Gems, etc.. Austraila has some big dog stuff like Motec, Autronic, haltech... In all honestly both countries make better ECU's then we do here. I'd hate to say it but it's true.
You don't see fast and DFI on rally cars, Formula cars, Formula one boats, Super Touring cars, BTCC, etc, etc...

I myself am a big fan of austrailian made ecu's such as Autronic.

But If your import friend is a good haltech tuner go for it.
The new E11 is a nice system. It's got some nice features for the price, seq injection, multiple ign outputs, traction control, boost control, etc, etc...

I would definitely chose an ecu that you can tune yourself or have someone local who knows the system tune it for you.
Because an ECU is still only as good as the User Tuning the system.

After being at PRI last week I saw two systems I would conisder looking at, one was by FJO and the other was by EFI technologies. Both systems were very powerful, can run boost AND have a self tune feature.