Is a 237 regulator good enough for my purpose?

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
Guys, I have a secret!!! I don't know if anyone else has figured this out yet, but the GM fuel systems on TRs aren't adequate! But seriously, I am getting a 340 pump and wire kit, but I'm thinking maybe a 237 regulator could be a cheaper alternative to the $100+ adj. ones. I'm not going nuts with this car....it will get the following parts: ATR cold air, Thrasher chip, cat-back exhaut with gutted cat, and the 340 pump/wire kit. Will a 237 regulator be good enough for this application? My car is a daily driver (but under 10 miles a day) and I would like to "boost" performace without having to spend every other night in the parking lot trying to set fuel pressure and get error codes out the tailpipe! So, give me your input if you would like to.

A 237 will work OK - it is (obviously) just not adjustable. Adjusting the fuel pressure is just a tuning aid to get more out of your car. It seems that every car is different. Mine seems to like a little less fuel pressure. For your goals, a 237 will do what you need to have done. BTW, once you set the fuel pressure - you don't need to readjust it unless you change your combination or just can't find a better way to spend your time. ;)

if i were you i'd cough up the additional money now for the adjustable regulator and gauge. not all adjustable units are $100, there is a member of this board that makes them for a more reasonable price, his name is mark martone i believe. if you dont already have a fuel pressure gauge you can get one fairly cheap from postons among others. i dont think there is any reason to pay for something twice, you'll probably outgrow the 237 and wish you would have just bought the adj. unit first. just my .02
aaron

I just bought a Reds adj reg to try to fix my high o2s. I thought my 237 was cause of this, it wasnt. So, I have one and it has the billet adj housing. Let me know if you want to buy it.

I thats all youre going to do (yeah right) I would not hotwire the fuel pump. It is not necessary to have it hotwired to run 17psi. When I had my 237 and hotwired it, the regulator could not hold back the additional power from the pump and I was getting 48psi:eek:

I dont see a scan tool on your list. No matter what your performance level you still need a Scanmaster or turbolink

For about 10 clams from the local junk yard, you don't have much to lose. Why not try it?

#237 regulator

tom, i am going to an aeromotive setup and i have a bunch of stuff for sale. including an adjustable stock appearing regulator. the paint is chipped on it but it has worked fine for. i am stepping up bigtime on the combo and i dont think it will hold back the pump i am going to use. email me. thanks jeremy walters