Interesting thread on..

Thanks Chuck..there is a lot of money saving tips in that thread...turbo headers are not cheap..............Bob

It's looking like truck manifolds flipped backwards pointing down will work if you cut the huge flange off and weld a vband on it. That's what I am going to try.

It's looking like truck manifolds flipped backwards pointing down will work if you cut the huge flange off and weld a vband on it. That's what I am going to try.

Works like a charm! I have a set I am doing..I posted the v-band source on that thread. The bands look great! 3/16" wall thickness. Should be easy welding.

i am putting a 4.8 in a 4x4 91 s10 blazer right now...just na for now..i welded up the egr ports on some exhaust manifolds and they weld really easy. i used my tig welder and used mild steel filler rod..i was hoping i could turn those truck manifolds forward and down on my GN..the up and forward doesn't look good to me...as soon as someone gets around to using the truck manifolds on a GN i hope they post some pics...............Bob

i know i could not get the truck manifolds facing forward to work in my car even with cutting them up at the end flanges. ended up getting a set made by virginia speed.

I trimmed the flange off them and I see the driver side working out but the passenger side needs to be cut back a whole lot more and the outlet angle changed a little as it is it hits the frame pretty good looking at manifold pics it sure looks like a GTO manifold would work nice

woah, i thought it was common knowledge to use truck manifolds for turbo cars. you don't have to weld on v-bands but it makes things more convenient.