Interesting Head Unit Question..

E

Eighty2Regal

Alright, Well I have a 1982 regal and well it came with a stock delco head unit. I have replaced it with a pioneer 50 x 4 head unit. The only real big difference I see between the too is that the sound seems more detailed with the 50 x 4 and that it gets louder than the stock one and doesnt distort as easily. My mom has a 94 corsica and i dont think that stereo sounds half bad for stock it gets pretty loud and has alittle bass. It just seems like my question is the quality of a head unit that much greater over a stock unit? My bass sounds good with my subs and clear. I am happy with my system for now. Only thing I could ask for would be more bass but I guess 2 10's is really enought but i am thinking maybe 2 12's for my next setup. I still need those stupid 4 x 10 carriers.

i see One question

If your "new" head unit is newer than the stock 1982 head unit, that I can say with certainty, that car audio head unit technology has made large advances since 1982.

More efficient components, more features, better reproduction characteristics, better dynamic range and besides that, Sony and Phillips didn't introduce the CD to the US until 1983 even then, only 30,000 players were sold and 800,000 cds.

Re: i see One question

Originally posted by darkfa8
only 30,000 players were sold and 800,000 cds.

And you thought all those useless facts would be useless to ya! lol