Interest in a (wrecked) '98 SC Riviera?

Keller

GNTTYPE Founder
Within the last ~750 miles I did some maintenance work on my '98 SC Riviera to address the DexCool issue. The car now has regular "green" Ethylene Glycol antifreeze. It has 113,xxx miles, but is extremely well cared for. The recent maintenance included:

- New style LIM gaskets
- New AC Delco plugs
- New Dayco belts
- New hoses
- New AC Delco
- New idler pulleys
- New Stant 180F thermostat
- New Delphi radiator
- New Stant radiator cap
- New SC gasket and O-rings
- New (older, gold anodized) 3.5" Thrasher SC pulley

The car was running great, and getting 21+ MPG in city driving. Then, I got rear ended. Damage is to the right quarter, rear bumper cover, taillight, trunk area, exhaust, etc. The car is driveable, but my insurance has totaled it. I am waiting to hear from the other party's insurance.

The car has all options, and is navy with grey leather. If there was interest in purchasing it for parts, transplant, or reconstruction, I would retain it and take the smaller payment from the insurance. Note that the title will remain clean and is in my possession.

I am looking to sell the car complete. It could be driven as is, and I have driven it to be checked by insurance, etc. Not driving it much now, as I have other cars.

Given the insurance "buyback" cost, I would need $1000 minimum to make selling it worth it. If no one has interest, to the yard it'll go. Face it; you could make several hundred selling the wheels, radio, body pieces, etc. if you won't be using them. The car has the chrome factory wheels, factory cassette/CD radio, moon roof, leather, power seats, HomeLink, newer Delco battery, etc.

If there is interest, let me know...

Can post pictures if desired.

dang - prob too far

It would be great as upgrade for my 'vair hybrid, but I'm in SoCal.
What did you wind up doing?

A deal to sell has stopped because the other party has clammed up. Trying to purchase a replacement car right now. And sell this one.

Anyone looking? :confused:

You could always have it shipped... ;)

It is a fully operational vehicle.

Some pics attached. A few people have messaged me about it. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Fresh LIM gaskets, idler pulleys, radiator, belts, hoses... Being out of work right now, I think trying to do the body work may be more than I could tackle right now. And I'm not equipped to do a FWD motor/trans swap.

Attachments

• IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 502
  • IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg