Intercooler Questions?

Big Paul

Bob Barker
My brother was talking about maybe getting an intercooler for his '98 Z28.

His car is niether turbo or supercharged so I thought he was a little nutty that day.;)

Can you get an intercooler for a n/a car? If you can how much does it help out in the power department?

Thanks guys!

the reason we use an intercooler is because we are compressing the air going into the engine, thus heating it up.....a n/a car is getting ambient temp air anyhow......doubt much could be gained trying to cool the air any further (and attempts to do so would prolly just cause a restriction in the air flow)

This.......

........wouldn't help persay.......a hot day at the track and you wanna help your times by helping your engine get colder air?

The only way it would help would be with an air to liquid intercooler. You could use dry ice or regular ice for that matter and put cold air into the engine. Probably would not be worth it though. A lot of work for maybe 10 HP

Uhhh, Paul?

How's 90° air passing through the intercooler fins going to cool the 90° air going into the motor?

Re: Uhhh, Paul?

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
How's 90° air passing through the intercooler fins going to cool the 90° air going into the motor?

Good point, just wanting to know if this would work. I guess my brother is nutty. Maybe he can get a blower, then buy his intercooler :D