Intercooler paint

Mike Mags

My stock intercooler is peeling paint on the left side neck. I want to start cleaning up and detailing my engine. What should i use to prep and repaint?
Also while i have it out should i clean the intercooler?

I'm a GN newbie, it looks like its just held in by the 2 clamps and some bolts, and it should slip right out. Is that all there is to it?
Thanks guys!!

defintely clean it out...spray a can or two of carb cleaner in there and swish around and get all that oil out...

also it's not as easy as you think getting the intercooler out...i had to remove the coolant fan completely and the intake hoses in order to pull that thing out

yes there should be 4 bolts holding the intercooler in place...or is it 5...can't remember...i know there are two in each side (brackets) and maybe one or two underneath

good luck...take your time

Just take the IC shroud off first (I think it pulls out below best), then unbolt the IC, and it should pull right up out of the car. Reinstall reverse order.

Try this for IC cleaning and other maintenance items:
http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

If you haven't been to that site yet, you will have enough reading for a year or so :D . Lots of good info for TR owners.