Intercooled vs Hot Air

G

gibbs_000

Besides Intercoolers what are the differences between "hot airs" and "intercooled" GN's:confused:

I read that thanx it helps a lot. I dont know why all the IC guys keep telling me to not buy a Hot Air seem to me that they can hold there own in a race!!!!!! And why not just go out there and buy a IC if you have a Hot Air thats probably what Ill do if i get a Hot Air!!

:p

Aaron

yea hot airs are cool too if your mainly looking for one to cruise around in and run down into the 13's or so then a hotair is fine but if your looking to mainly go fast it is easier to start with a i/c car.

and if your like me i dont have the money lying around to just bye an i/c car so i bought my hotair got it to run as well as it does for very little money and then got a good deal on the drivtrain out of an 87 so im going that route REAL soon motor is jus about ready to go in.

That is my exact situation not enough money for an IC car that is what i keep telling these guys they dont seem to understand that a 17 yr old only has so much money. A 13 sec car is plenty fast for me until i get more serious about racing. My parents wouldnt even want me going that fast. They dont understand what these cars are capable of.

Aaron

That was my situation too. I was 17 and in highschool when I got mine. The hotair will take you as fast as you want to go. The TM intake has opened the door to the 10s and 11s. I REALLY don't think it will take any more money to go 10s in a hotair than an IC car. You have to replace the turbo, IC, port the intake and heads, and downpipe to go 10s in both. The only reason it might be more expensive is we have to upgrade our headers sooner.

Like I've said 100 times before with only a FM IC and a chip, I went 13.9 @101mph at only 13psi boost on street tires. A VERY good running 87 will trap about the same. Definately could've gone low 13s/ high 12s on that simple combo.

Thanx for the positive note this is making me want to get a Hot Air much more now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was expecting my car to be slow going by what people said here and I have to say on the street it is more than enough.I have put quite a few V8's in there place this summer and I used to be a die hard chevy nut but now I would'nt waste the time with gas guzzler V8 no mo! You will probably lose your license(I'm well on my way)with this car LOL!