intercooled 84

sy1322

942.jpg 945.jpg 553.jpg 554.jpg 691.jpg 692.jpg 693.jpg 705.jpg 940.jpg 941.jpg i just wanted to post some pic on the setup that im doing to the 84 gn, I don't want to offend anybody, on this site but I just decided to do it, just to see how much of a difference or how much mor power I can get, im going with 8445 ported heads, modded 84 intake, 60lbs injectors, TE-60 turbo and 86 ecm, with a tt, and powerlogger, fuel pressure regulator, and a stock front mount intercooler, and a hotwire kit, 86 maf, if anybody has any ideas or thinks I might be missing, can u pm me. hopefully running 93 1/2 E85 fuel

Are you moving the turbo forward, or going with the stock location? It looks nice though, I'm thinking about doing mines when I bought the car it had a spearco ic in the trunk

i bought it from a member here years ago, don't remember his name, ive only seen 1 other kit like this one.

I only ask cause I had one of the first five produced and it worked pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how well did it run, and what kind of parts do you have, im got some ported polish head iron, 60lbs inj, te60 turbo, tt chip bored 030, just wondering how well is It goona run, I also got powerlogger, 87 ecm

Js intake, te60, 60lb inj, maft Trans,orange stripe, 206/206 cam, 30 over trw pistons, power stroke ic, 87 ECM, ram chargers dual fans, stock tb, 100lb springs and stock heads. Ran good never made it to the track but was way faster than car was stock.

You said modified 84 intake? Isnt it an 86/87 intake in the picture?
No its an 84 that been cut on top and welded a plate from 86 87, for the plenum, and the bottom, been cut open and welded, for air to, go through all the intake passages

Do you plan on clocking turbo back a few hairs and running the turbo to intercooler pipe that came with the kit? Or reclocking turbo forward and making your own pipe?

If my memory is right you can use up to an te67 with that setup. What intercooler will you be using?

Last edited: