Integra goes down at quarter mile track

P.Henry

I sold my 1987 Turbo-T which ran 11.80's a year and a half ago (don't ask why, I'm still kicking myself), so I live vicariously through my 1998 Grand Cherokee with the 5.2 V8. I was at Union Grove last November with some friends of mine and I decided to run the Jeep. My first run was against a supercharged 1993 Mustang G.T. convertible which ran a 11.429 so needless to say I was feeling pretty stupid. As luck would have it, my second run is against a late 90's white Integra V-Tech with a wing, stickers, and 5" can sticking out the rear. As the light tripped down I nalied it on the third yellow and pulled off a .701 reaction time(lousy considering my Jeep is all wheel drive) to his .894. Well, he never caught up. I ran a 15.749 to his 15.905. The only modification to my Jeep is a K&N FIPK kit. After I gathered my time slip I parked and the kid in the Integra parked a few cars down. All of his friends came running over and told him not to feel bad since my Jeep had the 5.9 engine. I yelled over it's only a 5.2 and they kind of just looked at me dumbfounded. At least the kids didn't act like a bunch of tools as is the norm for import owners. Anyway, my current toy car is a 1984 Mustang G.T. convertible with the 2.3 turbo engine. I know, I know it's not a Turbo Buick but i gotta have my convertible!!! If only I could saw the roof off a Turbo T. Take care guys and go easy on us Mustang owners (we aren't all jerks.) :)

Nice kill.... that's a mighty quick Jeep you have! :)

Miguel

v8 jeeps :)

v8 jeeps are no joke! i got a friend with a 97 jeep v8 limited. that thing HAULS! fastest SUV in school. he has flowmaster exaust, K&N FIPK, jet chip with jet transmition brain thing, hooker headers. he smokes stock 5.0 mustangs! he wants to get the kenny bell supercharger next year and smoke the tires AWD style! i think its funny that some guys spend all this cash on their 68 350 chevelle to make it fast with careful planing into their combo, and here he is fliping through his summit catalog and ordering any thing that claims horse power gains :D

by the way he smoked the 68 chevelle (not that it was that fast but the guy braged ALOT!)

Thanks for the positive responses guys. As far as street races, I have raced everything from Civic Si's to BMW X5's with the 4.4 liter engine and won. I even beat a G.N. and a 99 hardtop vette last winter (but they had to contend with snow.) I know mid 15's seems like a pooch to you guys but you would be surprised how many stock mustangs barely have the edge and if they are an automatic forget it since I have beaten more than one automatic 5.0/4.6. Talk to guys later.

Convertable GN "yes"

If you can get your hands on Kirban's guide to an '86 and '87 turbo Buick, on page 321 you'll find a convertable GN from a company called CoachBuilders. Just a teaser for you.

Good kill man!! I'm sure you caught that guy off guard. SOMEtimes those Integras will surprise you though. I got beat by a whopping 0.02 sec by one, my first night at the track. I think BOTH of us were expecting to win by a lot. My 2.3x 60' time didn't help I'm sure. I WANT A REMATCH!!!
Hey, and those SVO motors are pretty tough, sounds like your 'vert is cool.