Intake manifold question?

Bumph

Can anyone tell me about this Smoke Yunik manifold. The weird carb mount ? The groove around the carb mount?

Attachments

• Resized_20240331_163217_1711920742953.jpeg
    Resized_20240331_163217_1711920742953.jpeg
    849.2 KB · Views: 31
Can anyone tell me about this Smoke Yunik manifold. The weird carb mount ? The groove around the carb mount?
The Weiand intake in the picture is missing the top plate that the carb mounts to. When they were initially released, different top plates with different mounting patterns were available depending on what type of carb you wanted to use. The groove you are asking about is part of the EGR designed into that intake.

Thanks , I assumed that was for egr. Bought it for fun. Putting it on a an old 3.8 in a lemons car . We’ll fab up a plate for a holley

Would you know what coolant hose fitting is needed. It feeds from front rather than top as the old manifold did.

Do you mean the thermostat housing? The Motorad CH4853 works on those intakes. There needs to be a gasket under that top plate. You can use one for a Holley Dominator carb and drill the other 2 bolt holes. The opening is the same size.