Intake manifold question

dragrazor

I recently had my mechanic seal up the motor in my car. I was having oil leaks. I just noticed some coolant around the low coolant sensor. After drying the intake manifold around the sensor, i replaced the sensor thinking that it was leaking but it still leaked. After drying things again, i had the car on so that pressure would build and i noticed water dripping from the actual manifold in close proximity to the sensor. Has anybody had a stock manifold just develop a small leak like this? Is it because the manifold was installed wrong? From what i can see, it has two places where water is seeping through. The leaks are not from the actual sensor but from the actual runner where the sensor goes screwed on to the manifold. I cant see any cracks anywhere. wondering if either some sort of stop leak or jb weld would work since it is a small leak. I really dont want to take the intake off but i will if i have to.

GM seal tabs will probably stop it. That being said, the correct fix is to pull the intake and do it right.

also, we don't have a low coolant sensor.

Where can i purchase these gm tabs? Has anybody used them before with any luck? Will they screw anything up?

earlbrown said:
GM seal tabs will probably stop it. That being said, the correct fix is to pull the intake and do it right.

also, we don't have a low coolant sensor.

I meant coolant sensor on the driver side facing forward. Thanks for the correction.

You can get them at an GM dealership for less than $5 for a pack of 6 or 8. They were designed to seal up the crappy Cadillac 4100 engine before they were sold to the first owner. Oreallys has them under the Bar's brand too.