Intake ideas

SCRMIN6

Hi all,

So I just got done getting my 87 repainted. I plan on taking the GN to some shows. Only thing is, the intake is not very good looking. The owner before me cut the stock intake duct in half, leaving the duct going all over the place. Im still using the stock MAF.

Can you guys give me some ideas on what I can do to just redo the whole intake from the filter to the MAF along with sizes of parts. I dont want to order a "cold air" system from a site because I can just make it. Pics of ideas would help so much because I plan on taking it to a show this weekend.

Thanks!

Hi all,

So I just got done getting my 87 repainted. I plan on taking the GN to some shows. Only thing is, the intake is not very good looking. The owner before me cut the stock intake duct in half, leaving the duct going all over the place. Im still using the stock MAF.

Can you guys give me some ideas on what I can do to just redo the whole intake from the filter to the MAF along with sizes of parts. I dont want to order a "cold air" system from a site because I can just make it. Pics of ideas would help so much because I plan on taking it to a show this weekend.

Thanks!

Sounds like you'll at least have to purchase a new inlet pipe to your turbo seeings the old one has been cut in half. Do that and buy a nice, new, cone air filter. Get a chrome cover from kirban for your factory MAF, or make one with a stainless (v-8) coil cover.;)

Thanks much! Got some great ideas, and some help from jegs
Im fabbing a cold air too what are you gettin from jegs? I bought a maf pipe(really nice piece from RJC ) and two 3 inch mandrel 90 bends from an exhaust place a 4 inch adapter and a k&n 4 inch opening cone filter

Im fabbing a cold air too what are you gettin from jegs? I bought a maf pipe(really nice piece from RJC ) and two 3 inch mandrel 90 bends from an exhaust place a 4 inch adapter and a k&n 4 inch opening cone filter

I did that a while back. Worked great! :cool:

Attachments

• cold-air kit.JPG
    cold-air kit.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 203
for some plastic tubing $87 bucks seems a little steep. You coulda picked up a nice polished maf pipe pipe for less, and if you wanted to make it a cold air setup ebay has polished aluminum bends for about $15 a piece, but to each his own. hope it works out for you.