intake gasket question

You can do it either way. On my last engine I used the rubber seals. On my new engine I did not use them. Reason being, I bought ported heads and intake, plus with my block being decked a little bit the rubber end seals would have held my intake up too far. I could have milled the ends of the intake down but I didn't. Im to cheap!:biggrin:

If you do go with sealant on the intake end rails I would reccommend The Right Stuff. This stuff works really good. Alot better than regular RTV.

Just my $.02

I use them.The metal surfaces need to be clean,oil free and dry so the seals won't slip.A small dab of black rtv on the ends and small bead on the outside edge of the seals let it cure for a few hours before startup.No leaks on my engine.I also use the rubber oil pan gasket and have no leaks there either.

Good question, I have one leaking on both sides of the back where the block, heads, and intake come together. Any other input would be greatly appreciated.

Smear a thin layer of "The right stuff" on both sides of the seal and a healthy dab in both corners. Leak free. I do it both ways, with or with-out the end seals depending on which gakets I use. Fel-Pro 1200, no end seals. Stock gasket with stock decks, and unported, then end seals. Stock gaskets with decked block and heads, no end seals. No end seals means a bead silicone. (I know you all knew that, but..........:p)