Instrument LPS fuse not getting power

sams86gn

Instrument LPS fuse is not getting any power. My gauges and of course dash lights are run off of this fuse and they just stopped working a couple days ago. Figured it was the fuse. Replaced and still nothing. The actual spot in the fuse box is not getting any power. Verified with multimeter. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The Instrument LPS fuse gets power from the instrument cluster dimmer switch. Try rotating the dimmer switch from Dim to Bright a few times and see if it is a bad spot in the switch. Assuming the exterior lights work the problem is more than likely the dimmer switch but check the brown wire for power at the dimmer switch when the light switch is on to be sure.

The 5 amp fuse is fed by a dark green wire from the dimmer switch, which in turn is from a brown wire from the lt. switch, which is fed from an orange wire, which may be from the cig. fuse block.

Hmmm my cig lighter doesn't work. Didn't try it til the other day so I don't know if that's a new problem or if its been that way. Maybe these problems are linked though

The CIG CLK fuse is the lifeblood of your interior items feeding power to interior lights, instrument cluster, radio, chimes, the underhood light, door locks and probably a handful of other stuff I am forgetting. I doubt the issue with your cigarette lighter is causing the same problem if any of the above items are working properly.

When the grey wire for the prndl light in the center counsel shorted out it caused the tail lights and dash lights to go out. Maybe this is your problem? Or maybe I'm just bored and wanted to post something?

All other interior lighting is working. Tail lights work also.