Installing Electric Fan

kwcook

Have all the wires ran, and was wondering which wire do I splice into under the dash. I found the whit connector and am not for sure what wire to splice.

Any help is appreciated

Kyle Cook

Just to be clear, You are wanting to know what wire from the ECM,that is the lead to the relay that tells it (fan) when to turn on or off. Correct?

Yes, I have all the otherwires ran. The Caspers kit comes with a black wire to splice into under the dash

If I remember correctly, there are 2 wires that need to be connected under the dash. One of them is a splice into a wire jack that is near the ECM (that jack is right below the glove box). And the other connection is a wire you need to plug right into one of the jacks that plug into your ECM. (D2 if I remember correctly) You'll need to get the appropriate connector from local parts store. Do you not have the wiring instructions with the caspers kit? If not, I should still have mine at home, I can scan them for you when I get back there.

Yeh I have the directions just was curious what balck wire it is. I have the diagram of the ECM connectors but dont have the diagram of the other wires. Is it on Gnttype also?

everything is hooked up and working good. one last question. can put the bolts back on directly against the pulley because I can not get the piece that the bolts originally bolted to off the clutch fan

Just use the same bolts that used to hold the fan to hold the pulley housing on. This keeps the fan belt from falling off. Let me know if you need a PIC. Brad