Installing 6262SP DBB, need porting advise

Beast_TR

I am gonna be installing a 6262SP DBB turbo this weekend and I know that I am gonna have to do some kinda porting on the wastegate hole in order to keep boost in check. My question is what would be the best think to use to do this? I am kinda limited to a dremel and I bought some tungsten carbide bits that say they can grind/cut/shape hard metal but I am wondering if that is going to be enough? So what have other people used to port their turbine housings? I know to take some marking compound to mark the puck against the existing hole and leave enough for the puck to seal (some say 1/8" others 1/16") and to shape the inside of the housing to make a smoother angle to the wastegate. But what do I use to grind away all of that material?

I used a dremel and I used the sanding paper atachments. It was a little slow going but really didn't take to long. It sure did make it nice and smooth.

My vote goes for the biggest diameter cylinder attachment you have...The larger the diameter the easier it is to keep the hole smooth.

Used a die grinder on my 6262 with some hardened grinding bits. Think of the exhaust coming off the header into the housing, you want to make it easier to take the right turn into the wastegate hole. You want to concentrate on laying back the metal inside the hole towards the header. Took me a couple tries to get the boost under control on mine. I use an external gate so matched the hole to the pipe leading to the external gate.

You'll want to put anti sieze on your wastegate puck and bolt the downpipe to the turbo. Press the puck against the sealing surface of the exhuast housing. The puck doesn't always line up perfectly centered with the hole in the exhaust housing, so you don't want to just start taking material off without checking its alignment first.

HTH

A buddy did mine for me and he left 1/8 all the way around and i have no boost issues at all. As far a tools he used a carbide bit and then sanded it smooth