installed the TA-33c today...but...

John84GN

Nice Monte...
Welp, after about 3 hours of screwing around w/ this thing, I finally got her on...just one damn problem :mad:

I have a leak from the drain pipe coming out of the turbo...I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want to have to take this frikin thing back off again just to stick this pipe back in...

IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY!!!!!!!?

Please help...what do I need to do...other than the obvious?

Thx

not that I am aware of. I had the same problem and got a nice smoke cloud everytime I parked:mad: I recently bought Herb''s old 33 turbo and what he did was put an 86/7 drain turb on it, it is longer and made the job just a bit easier and no leaks. I drove my car around with the leaky tube for a few weeks tho. I DIDNOT want to have to take that bitch off again unless something bigger was going on:D Best of luck, Steve

last time i had a leak from my turbo
it would drip down onto my cross pipe and onto the ground

lt turns out it was the oil feeder line.
those brass fittings dont seal for crap.
oil woudl drip down the front of the turbo and eventually finds it way right down the back of the motor and on to the sides of the intake.
i had to use some of that white piping tape on the male side

sealed it right up.

well i am just giving you this idea, if your are just assuming its coming from the drain tube

heck its worth a shot to make sure that inlet fitting is sealed up

heck of alot better then spending an hour taking the turbo off just to put some rtv sealant on it.;)

I also found this job to be difficult, I had to get a buddy help me sit my turbo. I also used a lot of petroleum jelly on the o-ring on the intake, and on the tube itself. then has to guide the pipe back in with my hands and hold it there until the turbo was seated on the 2 little notches on the passanger side braket. Took me 2 or 3 tries to do it. But i think you'll have to take it off and try it again, since its a tight squeeze to try guiding in the way I stated.