Installed SC&C front chassis brace... no air dam now?

rileydawgg

After some back and forth with Savitske about a couple installation issues (like my assumption that it would come with hardware, it does not.. and removal of the air dam), I finally got his VERY SOLID front chassis brace on. Like all of the stuff he sells, it's really well built and does its job. Car rides a lot more solid since I added that and rear seat braces.

Like I said, the only issue is that it covers the holes that the plastic air dam attaches to. I'd rather have improved stability over a little bit of undirected air into the intercooler (if that's the case)... but does anyone else have this brace? Is there a way to install the air dam over the brace?

I let my trusted mechanic and friend handle the lion's share of my work. I'll take pix on a dry day to see how mine is installed. I agree, DAMN NICE piece.

So it turns out that SC&C sent me the wrong brace! They sent me the ones for all NON-GN Gbody. :mad: After making me feel dumb for complaining about fitment, it's not too much to ask for them to send me the right one first to make sure it fits and replace all in one swoop, and also to cover my shipping costs... is it?

I thought i remember someone saying that they quit making the GN specific brace a year or two ago.

David
87GN

Yeah, he has them. He just sent me the wrong one. If you decide to order, just DOUBLE CHECK that he's sending you the one for the GN and not the other Gbody cars.

Thanks for the post-up, Riley, and fwiw, Marcus rarely ever has problems. Please post up when done, I am interested in hearing the results. That piece does look solid, no doubt about it.

What does it look like? I did not see one on their site. I was very satisfied with the Lee steering gear I purchased from them.
Mike
86 GN