Install: 4" MAF pipe w/ integral sensor

I believe Mark @buickgn.com may have one. I have his 4" cold air kit and it works with the LS1 MAF. HTH

Well I guess I spoke too soon guys... went for a longer drive tonight and started having problems.

It doesn't like to coast at all. BLM's aren't working out.
:( :confused: :(

mafpipe4.jpg

Got the log file?

Sorry to get a bit off subject but did you use a 4" inlet pipe before with your 3.5" MAF?

Roger

I have been running an 85mm sensor with a 3.5" pipe from buickgn.com, it comes with an adapter 3.5 -> 4"

Does not look all that bad to me. If the car is running good I would not be real concerned with blm's running a little low in a couple cells. If you send back your chip and log file, Bob could make some adjustments to get number up but I don't think you will see any performance gain.

The GenII and the Tpro come in handy in these situations. You can target a certian rpm, remove fuel and watch BLM's come up. :eek: :D

I also use the Extender Extreme, 4" Maf pipe with an LS1 Sensor. Version 6.22 translator and my Turbo is a Ptrim 70, With Alky and the big cotton Front mount my car flat out Hauls Ass!!

The ability to tune this is setup is quite good. I'm also a fan of open loop idle.
the valet mode is handy, my car is in the Body shop currently :biggrin:

If you are on the fence about the Extreme, Go for it...

Does not look all that bad to me. If the car is running good I would not be real concerned with blm's running a little low in a couple cells. If you send back your chip and log file, Bob could make some adjustments to get number up but I don't think you will see any performance gain.

The GenII and the Tpro come in handy in these situations. You can target a certian rpm, remove fuel and watch BLM's come up. :eek: :D

Unfortunately it's not running very good.:(
I'm hoping bob can tweak it a bit for me cus I really like the pipe. If the BLM's in those two really low blocks are more normal (around 115 or 120) it runs really nice, but when it's coasting (decel) those blocks get drug into the basement and won't recover. After that has happened it hunts and surges, it gets really lean and stumbles on light accels, and stalls occasionally.

I got you covered.

I am out of town. but when I get back I will get in touch with you.

Bob

I got you covered.

I am out of town. but when I get back I will get in touch with you.

Bob

Bob,

My idle problems appear to be gone. Seems the engine must not like all the oil being sucked through the PVC hose into the T-B.:mad: OOPS!

The numbers are all good again! 133 hot in gear at idle, and 121-129 while driving. My settings are "B" base, and "5" @ WOT
With the fuel selection in "9" the BLM`s are steady at 111-112 driving. I prefer the "B" setting.

Here's a little WOT blip from earlier this afternoon.

Do you guys think the little PT6776RH is pushing enough boost for a street car?:wink: :wink:

WOTblip.jpg

Wow Steve!:eek: Thats puttin it to the test. ;) Nice looking log. Glad you got it ironed out.
93 and alkly? or race gas?

Wow Steve!:eek: Thats puttin it to the test. ;) Nice looking log. Glad you got it ironed out.
93 and alkly? or race gas?

Hehe.. thanks Rick
SMC dual nozzle meth and sunoco GT100. It has some more room for a couple extra degrees of timing and there's a little bit more fuel available too. 19 deg timing (above) is the "safe" tune, even in the hot humid weather like we've had it runs clean all the way up.

The 28" M+H's are having a hard time with it even when it's over 40+MPH:eek:

Hehe.. thanks Rick
SMC dual nozzle meth and sunoco GT100. It has some more room for a couple extra degrees of timing and there's a little bit more fuel available too. 19 deg timing (above) is the "safe" tune, even in the hot humid weather like we've had it runs clean all the way up.

The 28" M+H's are having a hard time with it even when it's over 40+MPH:eek:

What headgaskets are you running? I think I bent mine today.

B

What headgaskets are you running? I think I bent mine today.

B

I have Cometics. And like many people I've had water leaks both internal and external, which I managed to address with ceramic block sealer (pour in / flush out). Since then I've spoken with a builder which uses Cometics religously (big block Chevy's and such). He had the same problems until he dialed in his process and started spraying the gaskets with a heavy coat of copper coat gasket spray just prior to install. I plan to do the same next time it is apart. Once these gaskets are "dialed in" and sealed up they are pretty darn good.

We use the same type of steel shim technology on our head gaskets at International. Our diesels have up to 16:1 compression and up to 60 PSI boost pressures, a steel shim head gasket is the way to go.