Inside info on Delco sensors...

D

Darrens89Z

Well,found this out today,Wells makes the sensors for Delco.So you are probably better off getting Wells than going to the Gm dealer and spending more.Ive read this many times of companys making a product but slapping different names on them for different distributors.Ive seen it done with manifolds,injectors,suspension parts,etc.Same casting,just different names.So I guees thinking your Getting Delco and really its made by Wells and has a higher price is not such a great deal.The price you can save is quite substantial if you really shop around.:eek:

also napa sells echlin .i think i spelled that right, any way i brought two o2 sensors yesterday .they were 26 bucks a piece. same sensor gm sells .;)

I'm not so sure about Wells being an OEM. Last year I purchased two, Wells-brand ignition modules from Auto Zone. Both were duds right out of the box.

Got my money back and purchased an Echlin brand from NAPA. It works great. I tend to doubt that the Wells were made to exacting OEM specs if two in a row were DOA.

Originally posted by MeanBuicks
I'm not so sure about Wells being an OEM. Last year I purchased two, Wells-brand ignition modules from Auto Zone. Both were duds right out of the box.

Got my money back and purchased an Echlin brand from NAPA. It works great. I tend to doubt that the Wells were made to exacting OEM specs if two in a row were DOA.

Its not so much Wells comes on factory cars.Its that they make wells brand and at the same time they will make Delco sensors with the same guts and housings,just with the Delco name and parts# stamped into them.This happens much more than anyone can imagine.They have molds for Wells sensors and Delcos,Just the cases are different in regards to the parts #s and names,insides are all the same.Made on the same line.I can agree on the Autozone stuff,but most likley they were returns and the employees just stuck them back into stock.There is quite a difference in price between the 2 so its something to look into.:cool: