INQUIRING.... Jax's Leather Seat Kit

NO1B4ME

I am throwing the idea around of converting my current cloth seats into LEATHER..... I am wondering if anyone has any experiences with these kits from Jax's. Also if you have photos of fitment and how they look(esthetics) installed in your ride would be GREATLY APPRECIATED and make my decision that much easier,I have searched the forum and nothing really came up regarding this kit,just that it is available.
Thanks in Advance

I was thinking about getting those, but I saw them on a local guy's car and it just did not quite look right. The fit was good and all, don't get me wrong, they were nice. It just did not work for me. I got G-body parts show seat covers and could not be happier.

Once again, the kit was very nice, It just did not suit me.

I was thinking about getting those, but I saw them on a local guy's car and it just did not quite look right. The fit was good and all, don't get me wrong, they were nice. It just did not work for me. I got G-body parts show seat covers and could not be happier.

I have seen them before also. They look pleathery to me, the finish just seems like its a bit to shiny. I am getting mine redone in tweed the same colors/pattern as stock without the dirty piping around the edges.

Same here.
I really want to see some others because I was thinking that the one I saw may have needed some new foam and or been pulled a bit tighter too.

I sent a seat to Jax ahd had him recover/fix it. I saved money over the kit price and had a pro do the work. You might call him and see what he would charge you to install wwhatever materials you decide on. Just a thought. A good local guy might do well also, just saying I was happy with Jax. It took a few weeks, but it was very nice when it returned. :)

I have Jax in my blue car and I love it. The leather is better than most anything GM ever produced, much better than the leather in Mom's '03 LeSabre. Jax has a nice thick dull finish, not shiney like the cheap stuff.

It is on par with the leather in my '06 GTO. I'm going back soon to have my black car done too.

i have them and love them

go for it but make
sure if you do your doors and seats that you count the number of pleats

i have seen peoples door panels and rear fillers with the incorrect spacing
ill try to put up pics

I have the full kit as well and love it. The quality, fit & finish is superb. The challenge for some has been finding a reputible upolstery installer.

In addition, Jax is a pleasure to deal with. Great customer service IMO.

Paul at jax's is top notch. HE deos great work and takes care of his customers. I have the leather in my wife's gn and she loves it. 100% say go for it you will not be sorry.

Jax's Leather Kit

Thanks,if you could post some pics that would be GREAT, I haven't yet seen this kit installed other then the small pics on JAX'S website...
Thanks in Advance
Rob
i have them and love them

go for it but make
sure if you do your doors and seats that you count the number of pleats

i have seen peoples door panels and rear fillers with the incorrect spacing
ill try to put up pics

Jax Install

Ask and ye shall receive...

Attachments

• Jax-Install.jpg
    Jax-Install.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 568
Door Panels

Hi Victory.... did you also have the door panel inserts replaced with leather ,if so how is the color match to the existing GM interior "GREY" ?

shawns auto service did mine and he did them right
installation is everything

pics are in the members gallery under search word "jax"

Hi Victory.... did you also have the door panel inserts replaced with leather ,if so how is the color match to the existing GM interior "GREY" ?

I brought the entire kit, so yes, the panels are leather too (you can see the rear panel in the picture). I pulled out all of my trim cleaned and repainted it with Kirban's GN grey matching paint. The leather seems be a slighty deeper shade of grey, or you could say the trim is a more silvery grey than the trim.

Either way, IMO, the slight contrast is perfect and not unlike the differance between the cloth grey seats and the stock colored interior trim.