Input on some issues.

bullet87

Finally got the car hooked to a computer. These are the problems that where noted.
1) No EGR Vac (even when he closed manually there was no change in motor)
2) idle ignition at 38 (car also has a very high rpm at low speeds)
3)TPS fluctuates just a little with gradule increase of rpm
4) sometimes has a stuble into low rpm after coming to a stop.

Chip by Turbo Tweak and TPS at .44. Any ideas?:confused:

what computer are you using.. an ATARI ?

#1 do you mean when you open it ?

Turbotweak chip doesnt use the egr so i wouldnt be too concerned about its operation as long as its not leaking egr into the engine

you also have an rjc plate , was it drilled to allow flow from the egr ?
if it wasnt there wont be any change when lifting the egr valve (open)
you also state in sig beefed up stock heads ... are the egr passages filled?

#2 idle ignition 38 , i assume thats spark advance you're reading and sounds normal timing for idle

#3 tps should rise with throttle blade opening , set so its .44 and over 4.00 wot (4.50 is a good point and test this with key on engine off)
it shouldnt fluctuate or drop out while opening throttle a scope works best at tesing this (directscan and powerlogger can also track this well just like a scope)

#4 many things can cause tip in stumble , Iac setting (should be 10-20 at op temp in park , is it? ), header leaks (whats the blms at idle? ..if they have cracks fix them first ) , bad O2 (whats the O2 #s and cross count #s ?), and before you ask .. the cc wont move much on a tt chip ..its an open loop idle chips so it wont cycle much when idling (its not a sign of a dead o2 dispite what the local garage monkey will tell you.

Can't remember what type he was using. It was red with a led screen. Don't know about the rjc plate. When I say flux on tps I mean it goes down a few points every now and then while excell. I notice everytime the car stumbles the air fuel guage hits the red. Also it runs at a high rpm while cruising at 55. Don't remember the o2s or the blms.

red if the size of a book most likely a snapon scanner

fluctuating tps that drops out ...replace it
hi rpms could be a tranny issue with the clutches or the lockup is not functioning , or the converter is nonlock , or do you have 3.73 gears ? , are you certain its a 200-4r and not a thm400? does trans have fluid and is it filled properly what does fluid look and smell like? is the tv cable set properly (if no cable its a th400)

I have the standard gears.he said that he tried two other computers and they didn't work. I have a ds but no early os to use it. It is a lock up stall with 2900 convertor.the tt chip is supposed to be for 18 degrees timing. We thought that 38 was high. Could it have anything to do with not properly seting cam sensor upon reinstall. I followed the steps, but no one is perfect.

if he couldnt read it its probably due to the chip having the fast update data stream burned into it , only a scanmaster,directscan or powerlogger will be able to read the ecm data properly

as for the 18* .. thats wot timing not idle and its a commanded timing , actual ignition timing is from the crank sensor and the ring on the back side of the balancers, its for the most part permanently fixed and true , if the ecm asks for a certain timing it will show that no matter if the crank ring is correct or not
the cam sensor is there to determine the proper coil to fire as well as injector to correctly sequence the spark and injector pulse , has little effect on anything and cant shift timing unless its a full 60* off and even then its only going to be shifted if you check with a timing gun which youll have trouble doing because the car will be running poorly if at all .

the cam sensor has a specific install and setting sequence
http://www.vortexbuicks-etc.com/cam_sensor.htm

That's the sequence I followed but I didn't use a jumper wire. I just hooked a voltmeter to the blue wire, waited for it to drop and tightened everything up.

alright, pulled out the cam sensor and step by step, did it again. adjusted the butterfly and tps to to to lower the rpm alittle. We will see how she drives tomorrow.