Inner fender same on all G bodies??

PNYKLR

Howdy all - I went to the local junkyard today - the guy told me the plastic inner fender is the same on all g-bodies - Is this true? He conviently had a monte, grand prix and a cutlass sitting there but no regal this is for my NON TURBO regal

cutlass one may fit but chevy ones wont ...chevy ones go all the way over t the outer fender lip where the cutlass and regal ones stop at the inner fender

shouldnt be had to find a regal in a yard that would be your best bet to get the right ones

No they are not all the same. They are different for each make. Regals are only the same as Regals. If you notice the wheel opening shape is different as is the little tray on the front that bolts to the radiator support. Eric Fisher

Hey Turbofish........you're the guy to ask this question. Last nite some guy at a cruise-in told me he worked for Buick in the 80s. Claimed he had and intercooled turbo 6 Riv and that they made a thousand of them. Claimed the turbo was in front and they were some sort of experimentation for the current GN and they made 1000 of them. I thought he was full of sh*t. How about you?

Yeah he's full of it. You probally know the production figures for all the turbo cars but the 84 was 1086 and 85 was 1112. The only Riviera that had a front mount was the two ACTUAL Indy pace cars for the 83 race. They were twin turboed non intercooled with stage 2 heads. One still sits in the basement of the Indianoplis motor speedway musuem and the other car is in the Sloan musuem in Flint. A picture of the motor is in the front cover of the Buick Power Source manual. Eric Fisher

Yeah, that's what I thought. I've been around too long. I owned a couple turbo Rivs back in the day. He also mentioned something about the same rear as a GN. I called him on it and he kind of just agreed the Riv had front drive. He was older than me so I guess he was losin' it. :D