inner-cooler piping issues

so i have a front mount inner cooler it was installed before i bought the car but just today the coupling connecting the supply pipe to the intake dog house keeps popping off its the first time its ever done it ive been driving it daily with out changing anything for about 4 months... i noticed while reattaching it it would seem the pipe is too tall for the application i was wondering if anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it
VZM.IMG_20160122_151229.jpg

Look for a Plenum spacer to line it up evenly , 1" spacer should do the trick.. what intercooler is on their? pipes look erratic.

I think he's saying the pipe and plenum (dog house) are too high already as the up pipe has been rubbing on the hood liner.

As far as the hose popping of goes, spray/ wipe the throttle body, up pipe and hose with brake cleaner or isopropyl alcohol to get them good and clean.
It seems I remember something about using hairspray to make them tacky, but a cannot confirm this, maybe someone can.

Last edited:
How long were the couplers on the car before you bought it. I'd go with new, 4 ply, silicon couplers all around. High burst pressure and extremely, sticky grip. Also, polished pipes are notorious for being too slick and popping. Take some emery cloth and scuff em up all around the ends where they go into the couplers. I'd actually scuff all your pipe ends, except for the maf pipe's. That'll give a better surface area to grip, and no one'll never notice. However, if you get the silicone couplers, I doubt you'd even have to scuff your pipes. They're that sticky.

Plus, I don't know if it's just your pic, but that up pipe angle looks funny going to the throttle body. If so, buy a 6" or 12" long coupler for it. That way you can cut down the coupler to give you a little extra length to better secure the pipe in place.

Last edited:
Something is out of wack with the way those pipes are lined up. possibly the wrong pipes with the head unit.

Ok you guys are throwing a lot of verbage ....ok I'm assuming the up pipe is the pipe leading into the plenum or dog house the way it looks is that from the intercooler up it seems to tall so it doesn't line up perfectly and the rubber coupling is kind of distorted or steered to connect the two I apply some leverage to bring them together and tightened the clamps to hold it but it still seems like it's just a bandaid also nothing rubs on the hood the alignment just seems off

You may be able to loosen the pipe at the intercooler connection and slide the pipe down a little bit. This might give you enough to properly align the up pipe with the throttlebody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk