Injectors stuck in intake

Antagon

Helping a friend swap injectors on his ttype, but we couldn't get them to budge an at ALL.
Everything's unbolted the injectors are just stuck in the intake manifold itself.
Let them soak overnight in WD40 and no luck. Any advice?

You might try removing the fuel rail from the top of the injectors first,that way you can have more room to wiggle / rotate the injectors in their ports to help loosen the o-ring seal up.

There are 2 small bolts one on each side of the fuel rail near the front and 2 studs near the rear one on each side that hold the fuel rail down on the injectors.

This is just in case you didn't know and if you did just disregard it. :smile:

Good luck!

The original injectors do get stuck in there :eek: I put an open end wrench under the injector and pry it up. :)

The original injectors do get stuck in there :eek: I put an open end wrench under the injector and pry it up. :)

Ah ha, why didn't I think of that..

I'll give that a shot, if it doesnt work i'll be doing them each one by one like whitehot1 suggested.

Thanks!

Mine were stuck pretty good when I swapped them a few weeks back.

Before I removed them, I shop vac'd as much loose dirt from around the injectors as I could, then I soaked the area around them down with carb cleaner and cleaned it all up nice and shiney.

The open end wrench trick works, I would also suggest to just be sure to wrap the hard wrench surfaces with a layer of duct tape, and/or stick a shop rag or something soft between the wrench and intake as you pry about or you might do a little damage to the intake.

If you're removing the rail with the injectors still in it as recommended, getting them out of the rail is fun too. Just pin it down to a bench with one hand, grab hold of the injector with ther other ,ad start wiggling, twisting and yanking until it comes out. They will come out.

Once I had the injectors out, I soaked some q-tips with carb cleaner and then carefully cleaned out the injector openings in the intake and fuel rail until all the gack was gone.

Lubed up the new rings on the new injectors with a thin layer of vaseline and slid the injectors home in the rail, then put the assembly back on the intake...popped right in.

If you disconnected the TV cable from the throttle body like I did in order to have more room to get the rail out and in, be sure you readjust it properly before you go out driving around or you may hurt your transmission...

Tim

I bought a pair of spark plug boot pliers off snap-on, but they didn't fit on the gn because of the heat shields on the stock manifolds. BUT... they do work pretty well for pulling out stuck injectors!