Injectors-50lbs nice for street use?

richy rich

Richy Rich
Hey guys Im starting to doubt my old blue top[36lb[injectors.They were used when I bought them & ever since have had knock issues.Ive chased this knock problem for a year & now after adding a Dut Neck,the problem seems worse.So its kinda pointing towards fuel.If Im gonna change them I may as well step up to 50lb's,that way I can grow with them.Now my Ford mechanic friend has as new 50lb's from a new Shelby 500[yes he also has the electrical adapters]that I can get for cheap!Im hearing lots of good things on these 50lb's-better throttle response & fuel economy over the old school 36lbs.

What are you using for tuning? Scanmaster? power logger?

What O2's??

Sounds like you got too much air and not enough fuel pressure....not injector.

The newer injectors are nice for street, but don't throw money at the car until you figure this problem out. This will enable you to better tune the car once you do upgrade injectors.

DO you have an adjustable regulator? Is the car using the stock pump with the original wiring or is it hotwired?

naw I wasnt gonna get into it...But ya big in tank pump,hot wired,in cab fuel pressure gauge,adj reg.all number`s-sensor`s are good,no codes.Not really asking for tuning help,more of just an injector question.

Get the 60's then. Have TT burn you a chip to suit. They are awesome with a lot of room to grow. Great idle, excellent manners.

I 3rd the 60's. No ECM mods needed, lot of room to grow, and from what I here TT makes a great chip for them.

You will be happy if you buy the 60's and matching chip!

Absolutely. I've got the TT chip and 60's from Eric. Nice idle quality, crisper throttle response, room to grow. No downside to these injectors.

65# motrons no ecu mods

go bigger with the 65's and tt chip , car ran great took me into the 10.s