Injector swap.

Buickforlife

Tyler Northcutt
I am going to change injectors this weekend, anybody have some tips? What all has to be removed?

Thanks.

Well, I guess that it's a pretty simple operation, since nobody has posted anything, and I can't find anything with the search.

I have a 85TR and put new injectors in not long ago. I would say it should take no longer then 1hr. I used a little WD-40 on the O-rings so they can slip right in,helped a bunch. When you put them in make sure you put them SRT8. You can twist them a bit but this is where the WD comes in. It lets the inejctor just slide right down, you shouldn't have a problem with a little WD. good luck, BTW that's a sweet GSX, clone or not :cool:

It can be done in 13 minutes, don;t have to disconnect any fuel lines even. Use a 9/16" wrench I think to help pry the old injectors out carefully.

Well, it was very easy, and it took about 20 mintues to get the injectors out. But I found out that my injector harness melted to one of the injectors. So now I have to wait for a new harness to get here before I can get the car back up and running.