Injector question

951le

Can someone tell me what the LB/HR on a injector is refering to?Also is there a way to convert CC per cycle to LB/HR?

see if this works for you...

cc's and psi are not directly convertible as cc (like lbs/hr) measure how much fuel can pass through the injector while psi measures how much pressure the fuel is under when it passes through the injector. A 30 lbs/hr fuel injector is about 315 cc's. Just multiply lbs/hr by 10.5 and you roughly have cc's.

BW

Thanks for the response.This book I've been looking at says that a stock inj flows 75 cc per cycle.How many cycles are there in a minute?What LB/HR is a stock LC2 inj.So LB/HR is the measrement of how much fuel will flow through the inj.What is a LB of fuel?Are the inj manufacturers saying that if you take the weight of a gallon of gas and divide that into the LB/HR you can figure out how many gallons will flow through it in an hour?

951le said:
Thanks for the response.This book I've been looking at says that a stock inj flows 75 cc per cycle.How mnay cycles are there in a minute?What LB/HR is a stock LC2 inj.Also what is LB/HR measuring?

At 500 RPM there are 250 cycles per minute, and at 10000 rpm there are 5000 cycles per minute. The stock injector is rated at 28lb/hr, which is pounds of fuel per hour.

HTH
David