Injector Driver Going Bad?

X-FORD MAN

Recently on my classic fast box it started to slowly run lean and die under light loads, I had to increase the VE tables and the fuel pressure is still the same. How long is the average life of the injector drivers? I got about 10,000 street miles and maybe 350 1/4 mile passes at 80-95% (i know it's high:eek:).
Craig Smith, If this is the problem what would it take $$$ to get the box freshened up and the 02 sensor unlocked.
TIA, Les

Recently on my classic fast box it started to slowly run lean and die under light loads, I had to increase the VE tables and the fuel pressure is still the same. How long is the average life of the injector drivers? I got about 10,000 street miles and maybe 350 1/4 mile passes at 80-95% (i know it's high:eek:).
Craig Smith, If this is the problem what would it take $$$ to get the box freshened up and the 02 sensor unlocked.
TIA, Les

There's no average life that I would say. For the most part they last forever with failures being rather rare for at least 80% of the classic FAST systems in service. Systems shipped in mid 2004 or later may have been built with a supply of injector drivers that are more prone to failure than the original parts present in all earlier production units.

I charge $75 to bench test it and repairs beyond a clean inspection are billed for time and materials. I will also put a universal O2 calibration in any system I inspect.

I'll be happy to look at it if you wish... send me a PM for details if you are interested. Thanks!

P.S. 80-95% duty cycle down-track is perfect in my opinion! Don't sweat it, the parts deal with it just fine. You may want to have the injectors cleaned/tested while your ECU is with me (if you send it).

Craig

Craig, My box was pre 2004, let me look deeper into my problem before I send it in. THANKS, Les:D

Les, you drive that car more than I drive my GN and MCSS combined!