Injector clips?

WH1Driver

I just swapped out my injectors and am having trouble putting the metal clips that clip around the injector back on to the injectors. What do these do? Are they necessary to put back on?

Originally posted by WH1Driver
I just swapped out my injectors and am having trouble putting the metal clips that clip around the injector back on to the injectors. What do these do? Are they necessary to put back on?
You didn't have to take them off. All you had to do was just push the front of the clip in and the part your injector slides in will come right off. You need to put the clips back on. If not any kind of vibration the injector harness will work it self from your injectors.

Thanks for the reply. However I'm not speaking of the clips on the injector harness plugs I'm speaking of the circular onces that clip around the body of the injector. What do these do and or prevent?

Snap on

Originally posted by WH1Driver
Thanks for the reply. However I'm not speaking of the clips on the injector harness plugs I'm speaking of the circular onces that clip around the body of the injector. What do these do and or prevent?

They snap into the groove on the neck of the injector, and also around the bell shaped tube in the rail.
The purpose is twofold:
1. Keeps the injectors in the rail for production line assy onto the manifold.
2. Keeps the injs seated in the manifold, so boost doesn't blow them up, creating a vac leak.:eek:
BTW, that leak is a common source of bad BLM readings...:D

I C how they can keep the bell lined up with the injector. I figured they helped keep then injector in place but figured that with the fuel rail bolted down tight the injector would stay tightly wedged between manifold and rail. Thanks for the replies.

Here's another question that came to me yesterday I don't have the clips on the injector harness plugs either. Can I go to the junk yard and get another injector harness off a FWD 3.8 SFI car and will it work on my car. I know the setup is similar ith the cam sensor and coil. I would go check the part number on Gnttype if it were up. Does anyone know for sure?