Individual cylinder correction

5ltretr

how is this possible? unless you have some sort of sensor monitoring each cylinder, this sounds like another scam/sales gimmick to me.

How is this possible. You first must understand how these PFM systems work and than it will seem possible.

OK but still doesnt answer my question. I guess i will have to read up more on this anyway.....

Timing and or injector pulsewidth are changed usually based upon individual EGT readings to compensate for intake and or exhaust airflow differences.

It is not a scam or gimmic. Each cylinder does not flow 100% the same. If you can read the plugs after the run, you will be able to note difference's in color on the leaner cylinders. If you have a sequential system it knows via the cam sensor when cyl 1 fires the injector. Then it counts the crank sensor pulses and knows when the next injector in the firing order will fire. Gen 7 has only individual fuel control included free , not individual ignition timing. The fast system does both, if you can afford it. Both have no effect under 1500 rpm. There is no closed loop control you have to put in your own numbers for each % difference between cyl's

norbs said:
It is not a scam or gimmic. Each cylinder does not flow 100% the same. If you can read the plugs after the run, you will be able to note difference's in color on the leaner cylinders. If you have a sequential system it knows via the cam sensor when cyl 1 fires the injector. Then it counts the crank sensor pulses and knows when the next injector in the firing order will fire. Gen 7 has only individual fuel control included free , not individual ignition timing. The fast system does both, if you can afford it. Both have no effect under 1500 rpm. There is no closed loop control you have to put in your own numbers for each % difference between cyl's

The FAST XFI ECU comes standard with both individual cylinder fuel and timing control. The last time I checked I believe the going price was $1649. Not expensive for a programmable engine management system. The original FAST was expensive in its day for both those features but thats not what one will be looking to buy right now, even though they are still available but for how long no one knows. No honest FAST dealer would sell a fully loaded old FAST ECU when the XFI is cheaper and has alot more features.