Income tax=new tranny...??

charleslong

Hello guys, well its that time of year (income tax season).
Well, I am going to finally get my transmission fixed. These are the most of my mods. GN1 alum port/polish heads, 70mm tb, 3" exhaust, pos 7step chip, and a stock turbo for now. I plan to upgrade that too, since im in need of one. What transmission would you guys suggest for what I have? (Including a turbo bigger than stock). I plan on having the work done by seturbo in acworth.
Thanks
Charles

I am also looking at turbo's and I noticed that they have a min stall. When I get my tranny rebuilt, could I opt. to get the min stall that the turbo requires, and how much more would that make the tranny? I am looking at 49,44,and a 60. Depending on how much more the stall would make the rebuild.
Thanks
Charles

the ta 49 is a good turbo, i have one with stock d5 convertor my
old gn went 12.52 111 mph with 25 pds of boost with c16 of coarse RR

Originally posted by pracingrev1140
the ta 49 is a good turbo, i have one with stock d5 convertor my
old gn went 12.52 111 mph with 25 pds of boost with c16 of coarse RR
thnks
where did you get your turbo from?
Charles

i brought it from jays gn in harrisburg p.a . he has a web site . it costed between 5 and 6 hundred dollars .plus shipping RR

turbo,stall,tranny

Charles,
I just put a PTS killer street and 9X11 convertor in my T. You need to know what turbo will be before ordering a convertor. A stock turbo and intercooler,slicks,good race chip will go very low 12's.
My car was in 12.30's with a Red 93 street chip and drag radials.
I am looking at a PT52 for my car. We'll have to meet up one day,got a bud in Tifton with a GN also. Glas to see you are gonna get a tranny finally!

Re: turbo,stall,tranny

Originally posted by ITSAV6
Charles,
I just put a PTS killer street and 9X11 convertor in my T. You need to know what turbo will be before ordering a convertor. A stock turbo and intercooler,slicks,good race chip will go very low 12's.
My car was in 12.30's with a Red 93 street chip and drag radials.
I am looking at a PT52 for my car. We'll have to meet up one day,got a bud in Tifton with a GN also. Glas to see you are gonna get a tranny finally!

Thanks,
I think that im going to go with that same transmission, and go with a te-44 for the turbo. I had a guy on the other board say that he thought that going w/that transmission was overkill for what im doing. What do you think? I just want a tranny to hold up and not break down under pressure. I have had nothing but tranny problems and want them gone. lol
Thanks
Charles

killer street

Great tranny,downshifts are a little hard for my tastes but that's the price ya gotta pay.:) The 9X11 convertor works damn good too. Remember overkill is better than not having enough!

Re: killer street

Originally posted by ITSAV6
Great tranny,downshifts are a little hard for my tastes but that's the price ya gotta pay.:) The 9X11 convertor works damn good too. Remember overkill is better than not having enough!

Thanks, I was thinking that even if it is overkill, I just dont want it to tear up. I will look you up once I get all this stuff together. Do you have a scan tool or laptop? I have DS, but my laptop sucks.
charles

tuning

You have to be in good base tune-good plugs,wires,new fuel filter. Use a good chip set up for your combo and tune with o2 volts&knock retard. Raise/lower fuel psi to richen/ lean and help knock. Need fuel psi gauge too.