In With The New, Out With The Old

turbojay

Hi All,

I was formerly known as "yamla_jatt806" on this website. With purchase of an 87 GN last month, I decided to go with a new username as well. The 87 GN's got your basics mods such as 3" downpipe, ATR stainless steel exhaust, tomko intake, new bodybushings, new front end(tie rods, etc...), new springs and Bilstein shocks, tt chip, adjustable wastegate, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and boost & knock gauges. I am on this website learning how to better tune this car and make it a little faster by this summer.

I have been interested in GNs since late eighties when I was in high school but life got in the way as I went to college, got married, had kids and now 20 years later I finally bought a nice GN. About 1.5 years ago, I bought my first GN, it was an 86, I got it kinda pretty cheap but it had rust all along the bottom of the car. I thought I was going to restore it, well after collecting all the rust free parts, I took some of the panels off and found rust was on the interior and the frame also. After visiting a couple of body shop to get estimates, I realized what others on this board had told me, I would be better off selling it and buying a rust free one. So, I ended up losing some money but I sold the 86 and bought an 87. I guess you live and learn from mistakes.

Attachments

• DSC01015.JPG
    DSC01015.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC01016.JPG
    DSC01016.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC01018.JPG
    DSC01018.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC01019.JPG
    DSC01019.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 149
Nice looking ride Jay. Is that the one you said you were looking at when I picked up the doors?

Slow. I got the doors and fenders back on last weekend. Doors are aligned, hoping to finsh aligning the fenders this weekend and than start putting the interior back in.
Your GN looks really clean, hope you enjoy it.

nice looking car you have. have fun spending some $$$

Thanks. Here's my to-do list for this spring once the weather warms up a bit:

1. New valve springs
2. New timing chain
3. Oil pressure & water temperature gauges
4. Learn how to tune the car for higher boost

It already has the following upgrades: Hotwired fuel pump, adjustable FPR, ATR exhaust and bigger downpipe, cold air intake, boost & knock gauges, 42 lbs injectors, tt chip.